Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBioo
Beginner

Strange Invalid Work-Group Size Error

Hi,

I'm having a kernel defined as below:

__kernel __attribute__((max_work_group_size(LRN_MAX_LOCAL_SIZE, 1, 1))) void lrn( // Params Ports uchar data_dim1, uchar data_dim2, char frac_dout, // Data Ports __global lane_data *restrict bottom, __global lane_data *restrict top) {   ..........   }

in this code, LRN_MAX_LOCAL_SIZE is equal to 64. In the host side, I push my kernel as such:

status = clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(que_memWr[i], knl_lrn[i], 3, NULL, knl_lrn_global_size, knl_lrn_local_size, 0, NULL, &lrn_event[i]); checkError(status, "Failed to launch kernel lrn");

Both `knl_lrn_global_size` and `knl_lrn_local_size` are arrays of size 3. Here is the content of both arrays:

Global 27, 27, 24. Local 1, 1, 24

For me, everything seems to be fine, but I'm not sure why I'm getting CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE. Let me mentions that everything works fine in the emulation mode, but it fails in the real executions.

I'm using OpenCL compiler version 18.1-pro. Also I'm using Nallatech p385a.

Anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Saman

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Did you compiled the design with -profile option ? Some bsp will report invalid work group size for profiled design. Try without this option.

HRZ
Valued Contributor II

You are setting the limit for the third dimension of the work-group to 1 in the kernel, but you are supplying 24 in the host for that dimension. I believe this is the reason behind the error you are getting. The emulator probably ignores these attributes altogether and hence, you don't get any errors there.

SBioo
Beginner

Seems like that was the problem. Thanks much for the clarification.