Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Where is the Quartus license file after intel OPAE package installed?

User1582192733150209

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am using Intel PAC arria10gx, version and OPAE package has been installed succefully.

Now Intel PAC card is working well, but I can not find the license file for Quartus prime pro, which supposed to be a dat file and need to customer to assign, but I think OPAE installer has done this automatically without leting customer know it.

Can you let me know the location of license file for Quartus prime pro with 3 feature including PCIESRIO, 10GE MAC, 40GE MAC?

thanks

Jim

license.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you have purchase the Intel PAC Arria 10 GX board? If yes, please contact the sales in order to obtain the license.

0 Kudos
User1582192733150209

Hi JohnT,

Thanks for your feedback.

What I am asking is a technical question i think.

before I join my current team, Intel PAC card Arria10gx is already there and working well. i was told they bought the linux server including PAC 2 years ago.which means license has been set up after OPAE installed successfully without issue.

As a traditional FPGA designer, i normally manage my Quartus license file through license setup in Quartus GUI ,with that I can back up ,update it and so on.

For current Intel PAC, Quartus17.1 was installed as a part of OPAE whole package , I just want to know the phisical location of the license file, which I suposse to see it through license setup in Quartus 17.1 GUI, but location part of license is empty as the picture i uploaded.

I am not sure if I am clear for my question

Best regard

jim

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure if you are using floating license or fixed license. If fixed license then you are not able to reuse the license on this new system. If you are using the floating license then you will need to check with your team to understand where they stored the Quartus license.

0 Kudos
User1582192733150209

I think​ it is not a float license, because I have not seen any link to other license server.

if the license type is fixed, in which default directory I can find it on server , because we might need to reinstall OS for same server in the future, so save it in advance would be safe for us.

thanks

jim

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you already have the license then you can always re-download your Quartus license for your system https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html.

0 Kudos