04-27-2021 09:00 AM
0 0 729
The first industry to feel the impacts of the pandemic was healthcare, specifically healthcare professionals. The way they interacted with patients and each other changed and with little to no knowledge as to what was safe. New safety measures were implemented on what felt like a daily basis, but the one constant was the need to don PPE to get close to patients and each other. This process can take 10-15 minutes, which easily leads to a decrease in operational efficiency.
Our team met with an ICU nurse at a large hospital system in California, who walked us through the process she and her coworkers follow to help patients. When she needs to go into a room unexpectedly (machine alarm), she quickly gets into PPE and brings basic supplies. Once in the room, she can start figuring out what the need is and then uses a baby monitor or writes on the window to communicate to her coworkers as to what supplies are needed. She then waits for another nurse to bring the needed items to the room. There are now two professionals needed to address a simple problem and the patient must wait to get their needs addressed.
The above scenario was eye-opening for our team and we realized we had the technology that could help increase the operational efficiency of our healthcare system while enhancing the patient experience and further enable patient-shared decision-making during a global pandemic.
After months of development in partnership with industry experts, including our favorite nurse in San Diego, we are excited to launch the Patient Sight app for the Intel Unite® solution.
Patient Sight is a more secure, simple-to-use inpatient telehealth app for the Intel Unite solution that let’s caregivers — including doctors, nurses, and pharmacists — observe and communicate with patients using high-resolution audio and video.
Why choose Patient Sight for the Intel Unite® solution
Easy to learn and use
Patient Sight app for Intel Unite solution integrates with major EMR solutions, like Epic*, allowing for a seamless workflow experience. One-click from the patient’s EMR opens the simple, intuitive UI and enables direct access for engagement.
Full-featured observation, communication, and control
Choose between one-way or two-way, high-resolution video and audio to connect your staff with patients. Built in pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) camera control combined with the full control of audio and video enable
Easily deployed, interoperable platform
The Patient Sight app for the Intel Unite solution works with existing infrastructure and off-the-shelf equipment you may already be using. Additionally, easily manage existing Intel Unite solution deployments through the same admin portal.
A more secure solution
Data is end-to-end encrypted and never leavers your internal network and AV streaming data is never saved.
The value of Patient Sight App for the Intel Unite® solution
- Reduces clinician toil and increases time to deliver care
- Conserves PPE by reducing the amount of personnel required to respond to patient needs
- Increases patient engagement by increasing accessibility to specialists
To learn more about Patient Sight app for the Intel Unite® solution visit intel.com/patientsight
Legal Notices and Disclaimers
- Intel Unite technology is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment or cure of any illness, injury or disease.
- The latency and resolution of any video or images transmitted by the Intel Unite technology is dependent on the performance of the hardware configuration and internet connectivity used.
- Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Your costs and results may vary.
- *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
- ©Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
About the Author
Jason S. Goecke is a vice president in the Client Computing Group and general manager of Intel Unite® at Intel Corporation. He is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the Intel Unite business, including product strategy, product development, go-to-market strategy, as well as building and leveraging key industry partnerships.