Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Access Violation in ID3D11DeviceContext::UpdateSubresource (igd10iumd32.dll)

Anonymous16
Beginner

I've started getting a crash in the Intel Graphics Driver when attempting to recreate a D3D9 HDR Tone Mapping technique in D3D11. The technique involves creating several render target textures, of sizes that are increasing powers of 4, and then downsampling the luminance of the scene to each texture to produce a 1x1 R16_FLOAT texture for the average luminance. The crash has only started to occur since I've started creating these textures, and stops when I don't create them. I'm unable to reproduce the crash under Nvidia Graphics Drivers. By breakpointing and stepping, I've ascertained that the crash definitely occurs in the first call to UpdateSubresource, but the device context and the parameters are valid, and no errors have been thrown up to this point.

direct3Dcontext->UpdateSubresource(lightParamsBuffer, 0, 0, &lightConstData, 0, 0);
		direct3Dcontext->PSSetConstantBuffers(1, 1, &lightParamsBuffer);

Output:

First-chance exception at 0x0F09EE93 (igd10iumd32.dll) in HDRLightDemo.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00CCF000.

Call Stack:

igd10iumd32.dll!0f09ee93()    Unknown
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for igd10iumd32.dll]    
     igd10iumd32.dll!0f0bf1e4()    Unknown
     [External Code]    
>    HDRLightDemo.exe!DX11_ModelShader::SetParameters(ID3D11DeviceContext * direct3Dcontext, GpuModel * model, GpuCamera * camera, GpuLight * * lights, unsigned int numLights, float aspect) Line 392    C++

Device & Driver:

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Current Driver Installed 10.18.10.3496

Please let me know if there is any more information you need to diagnose the issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mitchell_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Dash!

Thanks for submitting this.  I'm in the process of letting the driver team know about it.  Hopefully have a reply or response for you sooner than later.

Cheers!

Mitch

0 Kudos
Paul_L_Intel
Employee

It's been a long time since we updated you on this. Did you find a fix? I know that this graphics driver has undergone some maintenance since then. You can get the latest at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@DashW

Was that output generated by windbg?

0 Kudos