Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

OS:Win8 64 bit - G41 Express Chipset - Driver Error - 'system does not meet minimum requirement'

Rajeev_V_
Beginner

I have a Lenovo M70z All-in-One (Model No.: 7597-RL4) with the following specifications:

Intel Core i3-540 Processor

3GB RAM - which I recently upgraded to 8GB

Intel G41 Express Chipset

I'm unable to install the driver for the chipset - it gives an error saying 'This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software'. I tried these drivers: 

1. Windows 7 64 bit driver - Win7Vista_151718_SIGNED Driver Revision: 15.17.18.2555 - after running a 'CustomCertificateInstall.exe' file which was ziped with it
  2. Windows 8 64 bit driver - win8_64_1528 -  which was released by intel for windows 8
  3. I installed the Intel chipset software installation (INF) utility from the lenovo site - and it does pretty much nothing.

And the device manager allows me install only 'Intel HD Graphics driver' and everything is pretty much ok except that i can't run applications which require openGL and Photoshop doesn't detect a GPU.

I retained my old Windows 7 32 bit from before upgrade and it's working fine with the 32 bit driver for g41 chipset - however I need a 64 bit OS to handle more RAM.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

I think that you need to contact your laptop Manufacturers.

0 Kudos