Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games

Project Offset

ncrecca7
Beginner
Hey does anyone, anyone at all, know where one would be able to find out any significant information on Project Offset? I was watching the progress a few years back, but it seemed like it would never be released. Anyway I just got interested again and some of the videos look incredible, but I noticed that no information has been released for about a year, so I was wondering if anyone could give a rough estimate on when and if this engine/game will be released.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
plus2plus
Beginner
0 Kudos
Doraisamy_G_Intel

Unfortunately, we don't have any new announcement regarding Project Offset at this time.

0 Kudos
DeadFire87
Beginner
At the earliest I wouldn't expect it to be released until at least Fall 2011. Intel seems to want keep it going I believe. Although there was an Offset forum on here and it has disappeared, but new concept art and stuff just appeared on the internet. They released a video of Giant as well not long ago. So you just gotta wait and see. Intel, and Havok are at E3 this year. I don't know what they are bringing, but it could be first sample of Project Offset and maybe even giving the project a new name as Project Offset was just placeholder when game was first concieved by the 3 people that started the original work on it as they called their development team Project Offset. E3 is in June, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet for anything major for Project Offset. You never know. I say GDC 2011 is best time to expect something, but so far nothing has been promised.

New Concept Art for Offset?
0 Kudos