Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP)

pramodblackbird
Beginner
Hey, theres gonna be a new component called Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform10(WARP 10 for short) supported in DirectX 10,10.1 & 11 from Microsoft.It is gonna be shipped in Windows 7.Its actually used in rendering complex graphics without the need of high end graphic cards.So, how is Intel gonna support it??I mean, can the awesome Aero effects be realised in the older Intel motherboards such as D915GVWB which has no WDDM drivers using WARP10?? They say that, its a replacement to Intel's GMA...How is it supported in newer Intel motherboards??
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello and thanks for your post.

However, the forum you originally posted this question to is intended for questions and issues regarding GPA (and does not address the capabilities of individual graphics devices), so you're not likely to receive a response from the people who frequent the GPA forum.

Therefore, I'm moving this post to more appropriate forum... hopefully this will get you the answer you are looking for!

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner
Thnx a lot...

0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner
Btw, to which forum have u put my post??

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Your post was placed in the following forum: Developing Software for Visual Computing ("A technical community of software developers interested in a deeper understanding of Intel Graphics Technology and the impact to their applications.").

If you don't get any responses by the beginning of next week, let me know and I'll try to see if I can get someone to address your question.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner
Thnx a lot, sir...

Regards,
Pramod S G

0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner
Dear Sir,
I am a Brown Belt Software Developer on Intel Software Network.But, suddenly my points are gone and I don't have a belt in my profile!! Pls help me out.I didn't find any forum for my post.So, I've posted here.

Regards,
Pramod S G

0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner
Hi Neal,I like your response so i think you can help me too.
Am using window 7 and am writing some win32 game codes.I want to use just the HDC types for game but i don't
know if such will be possible going by what this guy mentioned.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - woleakande
Hi Neal,I like your response so i think you can help me too.
Am using window 7 and am writing some win32 game codes.I want to use just the HDC types for game but i don't
know if such will be possible going by what this guy mentioned.

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what your question is here... can you be more specific about what you are trying to do in your game, and why you think that you'll run into problems?

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
Philipp_G_Intel
Employee
Hi, I guess the questionwas about GDI acceleration andthe short answerif WAPR will helpthere - NO. WARP is primary made for prototying and testing DX10+ code.

Philipp
0 Kudos