Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Access Intel Serial IO I2C ES controller...

THuan13
Beginner

We add a DS1371 which is a I2C slave device.

Our system is Windows 10.

On our system, this device should be connected to Intel Serial IO I2C ES controller.

As I know, the host controller should enumerate all slave devices and then assign a list of hardware IDs for those device.

But I cannot see it in device manager.

My questions are then :

1. Should BIOS create one in DSDT/SSDT ? then OS (Windows) can see it ?
  2. Is there any I2C tool I can use to verify if the slave device can be communicated via I2C ? (Windows 10)

Please be noted that DS1371 doesn't have any driver for Windows 10.

That is the reason I need your help to access I2C if I can.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Tonie :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if the affected design has been developed by a third-party company or by you? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us all the information related to it? If it is your design, could you please give us the part number and SKU of the Intel devices that you have used to implement it?

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
THuan13
Beginner

Hi, Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

The board was designed by us and here are the information of our design :

EMBEDDED PC, X5-Z8350, 2GB LPDDR3, 32GB EMMC, AC3165 WIFI, 100M LAN, USB3, HDMI, EU+UK+US PLUG, OEM BOX

The DS1371 is connected via ACPI\808622C1\1 which is found in device manager in Windows 10.

And in device manager, I found there is unknown device which information are :

Device instance path : ACPI\808622A8\1

Hardware IDs:

ACPI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A8

ACPI\808622A8

"808622AB"

Our BIOS engineer told me that this is audio codec. (But I cannot find its driver via windows auto update)

If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards,

Tonie

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Tonie :

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your previous communication, could you please confirm that you are using the https://ark.intel.com/products/93361/Intel-Atom-x5-Z8350-Processor-2M-Cache-up-to-1-92-GHz- Intel Atom(R) x5-Z8350 Processor (formerly Cherry Trail)?

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
THuan13
Beginner

Hi, Carlos,

Yes, we use Atom x5-Z8350.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Tonie :

Thanks for your reply.

In order to help you please address your request by filling out the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/design-assistance.html Embedded Design Assistance form.

On the other hand, it is important to let you know that unfortunately the Cherry Trail is on the "off-roadmap" and its support is for limited manufacturers. For this reason, this processor family is unsupported by this channel. Click on https://ark.intel.com/products/codename/46629/Cherry-Trail Cherry Trail website to learn more about the specifications of this family.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.
0 Kudos