Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

Diagnostic Tools SDK installation & setup help

BrandonNels
Beginner

I'm trying to install & setup the Diagnostics Tools SDK (Quartzville) to ultimately utilize the NIC Abstraction Layer (NAL) interface and the PTP functionality of Intel NICs.

The programmer's guide document states that for a target OS of Windows 64e requires the MSVS2015_SDK_WDK_Windows10_10575 tool for compiling/building. The closest version of the Windows WDK I could download from Microsoft is v1607 (10.0.14393). Is this version compatible with the Intel QV SDK? If not, where can I find the exact WDK version?

Also, where can I get additional assistance with QV SDK setup?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello BrandonNels,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BrandonNels:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand this situation:

Could you please let us know that the affected device is a Network Interface Card (NIC) developed by a third-party company or by you? Please give us all the information if it is a third-party implementation.

Could you please provide the document numbers of the cited tools and the programmer's guide? 

We are waiting for your answer to these consultations.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
BrandonNels
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL,

We are working with Intel I350 Gigabit NICs which support Precision Time Protocol (PTP) / TimeSync IEEE-1588. We are trying to use the Quartzville SDK in order to access the PTP functionality (i.e. syncing/setting the hardware clock) on the Windows platform.

In my prior inquiring, I'm referring to the Diagnostic Tools SDK Programmers Manual (2.35.57.4) API Reference Manual. It specifies in section 3.1 that the build environment requires an older Windows SDK/WDK (MSVS2015_SDK_WDK_Windows10_10575). I ultimately need to know if there are compatibility issues with newer Windows SDKs and incorporating the QV SDK within applications built using VS2017.

I'm in the process of testing it out but was hoping for some guidance in incorporating the QV SDK as we're evaluating accessibility to PTP functionality on the Windows platform and need to make a go/no-go determination by end of tomorrow.

Regards,

@BrandonNels 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BrandonNels:

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that you do not understand our previous questions, let us paraphrase them:

Could you please let us know if the hardware related to this situation has been developed by you or by another company? Please let us know all the details such as the showed in the Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350: Product Brief that can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/ethernet-i350-server-adapter-brief.pdf

Could you please give the procedure followed to obtain the cited tools and the programmer's guide?  In the case of the Intel documents as an example they have a document number associated, such the Intel® Ethernet Controller I350 Datasheet has the document number 333171 as you may confirm in the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/products-and-solutions/networking-and-io/ethernet-controller-i350/technical-library.html

We are waiting for your answer to these questions to give you information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
BrandonNels
Beginner

@CarlosAM_INTEL,

This particular NIC adapter is the Supermicro AOC-SGP-I4

Here's the link to where the Intel Quartzville SDK was obtained from: Network Connection Tools | Quartzville SDK | Intel Design-In Tools Store

Regards,

@BrandonNels 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BrandonNels:

Thanks for your reply.

You need to address the cited tools questions to the technical support channels listed on the following website:

https://designintools.intel.com/Customer-Service-a/251.htm

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
BrandonNels
Beginner

I have not received any response to my request for help sent to 'designintools@Intel.com'. 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BrandonNels:

Thanks for your reply.

We have tested the cited email address and receive an answer.

You should review your SPAM or JUNK inboxes to verify that the communication from the mentioned address has been received wrongly in these inboxes.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
BrandonNels
Beginner

@CarlosAM_INTEL,

I received a response on 2/23 and was directed to open a case with Premium Support which is currently under investigation.

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BrandonNels:

Thanks for your clarification.

You should wait for any updates through the portal mentioned in your previous communication to avoid duplicate efforts.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos