Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

FreeBSD Driver for I225 Network Adapter

Oleg-R
Novice

Hello,

We are checking the possibility to use I225 adapter in our products and we are wondering if there are any plans to release FreeBSD Driver for it.

We see that the latest version 2.5.21 of Intel® Network Adapter Driver for 82575/6 and 82580-Based Gigabit Network Connections under FreeBSD does not support I225 adapter (Intel® Network Adapter Driver for 82575/6 and 82580-Based Gigabit Network Connections under FreeBSD*).

But the official specification page of I225-IT (Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-IT) clearly states that FreeBSD operating system is supported.

Is there another package for FreeBSD drivers for I225 adapter ?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Oleg-R,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you and stay safe..

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Oleg-R:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you is stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/ethernet/gigabit-controllers/i225-controllers/downloads.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Oleg-R
Novice

Hello @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Thank you for fast reply.

The link you provided for downloading of version 27.1 of the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack does not include FreeBSD support for I225 adapter.

But the official specification page of I225-IT (Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-IT) clearly states that FreeBSD operating system is supported.

Can you please check with R&D if there are any plans to release FreeBSD support for I225 adapter ?

If yes, when can we expect for it ?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Oleg-R:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email address to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
cgku
Beginner

My computer has an Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V (2.5Gbe).  This page contains the most recent driver pack https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html; however, like  @Oleg-Rreported with an earlier driver pack release, the FreeBSD driver is missing from the latest pack.  The zip contains a FreeBSD driver for each version except the PRO2500; which I assume is where the file would reside.  Under supported products it clearly lists the I225-V but the linked page https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/184676/intel-ethernet-controller-i225v/downloads.html doesn't include any drive to download. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello @cgku ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest contacting the distributor/point of purchase where you bought the i2225 adapter related to your questions, or a local Intel Field/Sales office in your region for assistance in possibly receiving access to Intel Premier Support or having an IPS case opened on your behalf.

Best regards,

Jaime L

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos