Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Intel® Ethernet-Controller X550-AT ixgbe driver source code

DMuel6
Beginner

Dear Community,

im looking for the source code of the Intel® Ethernet-Controller X550-AT (ixgbe) driver.

I have to do some adjustments with it.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

DM

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello DMuel6,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, can you tell us why do you need this information? And also, are you designing a system with embedded X550-AT?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DMuel6
Beginner

Hello Michael_L_Intel2,

Thanks to you for your quick response.

We are currently developing a project which includes the implementation of the PTP (Precision Time Protocol) standard IEEE1588-2019. Thus the next step is enabling the timestamping functionality for the X550-AT driver. We did the same step with the I21x ethernet controllers. My request for that was about one year ago. Now we want to extend the offer of cards. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Dominik M.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello DMuel6,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DMuel6
Beginner

Hello @Mike_Intel ,

thank you for transferring this thread. I am gonna reply to @CarlosAM_INTEL now .

Best regards,

Dominik M

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DMuel6:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please let us know where do you find the driver mentioned on your first communication?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
DMuel6
Beginner

Hello @CarlosAM_INTEL,

sorry i have kept you waiting so far.

We do not have any driver source code of the Intel® Ethernet-Controller X550-AT.

The original driver can be downloaded on your website here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/product/93524/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-X550-AT. But we need the source code to implement/extend the  modifications for enabling timestamping for ptp with the provided pins. We know that timestamping functionality will be supported.

Do you need our CNDA-Number again?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Dominik M

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DMuel6:

Thanks for your update.

Reviewing the README files of the provided website, you should address your request to email address: e1000-devel@lists.sf.net

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
DMuel6
Beginner

Hello @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Perfect. Thank you to new.

I have sent a request to the linked email address.

Best regards,

@DMuel6 

0 Kudos