Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Intel I210 and support memory?

JPosp
Beginner

Hi.

I use intel I210 for 1GB ethernet. And I'd like to use the IS25LP128 memory. Will this memory work with this chip?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @JPosp​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest verifying with the manufacturer of the cited device that it fulfills with the requirements stated in sections 1.4.4 and 11.8, on pages 10 and 801 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document # 333016. This document can be found at the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello JPosp,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, let me clarify first if you are going to design or integrate the Intel I210 to a board with the IS25LP128 memory? Kindly explain further on how you will implement this.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JPosp
Beginner

Hi MikeL.

I create my own album. The memory connection to the I210 is shown in the figure. Is it possible to use this memory with this connection?

connect.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JPosp,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @JPosp​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest verifying with the manufacturer of the cited device that it fulfills with the requirements stated in sections 1.4.4 and 11.8, on pages 10 and 801 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document # 333016. This document can be found at the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
JPosp
Beginner

Thank you for your advice Maecenas_INTEL. I read a datasheet comparing hex instructions and I think everything will be fine. 👍

0 Kudos