Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

Intel I350-AM4 Ethernet Controller

Balajisesha
Beginner

Hi,

We would like to use intel I350-AM4 ethernet controllers in one of our avionic product.

We have below quires regarding intel I350-AM4.

1. In our product I350-AM4 is getting PCIex1(Gen2) and quad ethernet output will be used in 1000 Base-T mode, Is there any speed reduction (During simultaneous data transfer over all the four 1G ethernet ports)  when controller is connected as PCIex1 mode?

2. We wanted to use multiple I350-AM4 controllers connected to single system on module, can the driver handle multiple controllers?

3. Is there any option (Hardware/ Software) to select different ethernet modes (10 base-T , 100 Base-Tx and 1000 Base-T).

Thank you,

Govind.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Govind,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello @Balajisesha 

We are working on your case.

Could you please provide the following information:

1) When you mention using multiple controllers, do you mean that the controllers will be on separate PCI cards, or they will be embedded on the board?

2) What operating system do you intend to use?

3) Are you using Legacy BIOS, UEFI, or other firmware?

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez

0 Kudos
Balajisesha
Beginner

Hello Adolfo,

Please find the below answers.

1) When you mention using multiple controllers, do you mean that the controllers will be on separate PCI cards, or they will be embedded on the board?

We are designing our own carrier board which will have all the I350 controllers embedded on the board, but each controller will be connected to CPU module with PCIex1. All the controllers will be connected to CPU as downstream ports in PCIex1 mode.

2) What operating system do you intend to use?

Our intend is to use with Windows or Linux (RHEL, CENTOS and Ubuntu)

3) Are you using Legacy BIOS, UEFI, or other firmware?

Our selected CPU uses  AMI EFI BIOS Aptio ® V based on the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (uEFI) specification and the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI.

Thanks,

M.J.K.Govind.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Balajisesha:

Thanks for your update.

You can find the information that may answer your first and last question in sections 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, on page 11 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350 Datasheet document # 333171. You can find it, when you are logged into your Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account on the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/333171

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided websites. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

On the other hand, reviewing the readme file of the I350 driver it is stated that you should address your question to the email address: e1000-devel@lists.sf.net, as is stated in the cited file, which can be found on the following website:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/13663/eng/readme_5.5.2.txt

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos