Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - Stops working after sleep - Code 10

Rune
Beginner

Hi there

I have an Asus Creator B550 Motherboard with built in Thunderbolt ports. I am running Windows 11.

When I turn on my computer everything looks fine in the device manager, but after I put my computer to sleep and turn it on again the Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller  shows an error in the Device Manager with a Code 10, that it cannot start.

When that error has happened I cannot put the computer to sleep again, it simply doesnt turn off. (The screen shuts off, and goes to black, but the computer is still running with the fans and RGB lights. Its impossible to go back into windows again until I force shut it down with the power button). I can also not shut down the computer properly when that error has occured, I need to force it with the button aswell.

When the computer starts again everything is fine, and I can make it shutdown properly. But as soon as I put it to sleep mode, and I wake it up again the error occurs and I cannot make it sleep again or make it shutdown properly until I hold in the power button.

I have updated both my chipset drivers, the bios, the thunderbolt drivers, and installed the intel driver assistant but nothing helped. The Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller 1.10 driver version is 10.0.22000.469.

What can I do to fix this? I am very depending on being able to wake my computer from sleep, so this is very critical. I btw think that the Thunderbolt functionality also stops working after sleep.

I hope you are able to fix it

Kind regards

Rune

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Rune:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Your consultations related to the products manufactured by the cited motherboard producer should be addressed as a reference through the channels stated on the following website:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos