Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

NH82580EB replacement

Copper
Beginner

What would be the closet form fit and function replacement for the obsoleted NH82580EB S LH5Q?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Copper,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you please confirm if you are looking for Ethernet Controller replacement for your NH82580EB S LH5Q? If no, kindly share more details when you mentioned 'closet form fit and function replacement'.

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Copper,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the additional information that we requested. We hope you won't mind confirming if you are looking for Ethernet Controller replacement for your NH82580EB S LH5. In case you need more time on this or you have clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Awaiting to hear from you. 

Should there be no response, we will reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Copper
Beginner

Yes, I'm looking for a replacement of NH82580EB S LH5Q.

The ideal is something that can be drop in replacement component which has same package, pin layout and function as the one that wea re using (NH82580EB S LH5Q)

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Copper,

Thank you for the reply. 

Please refer to Product Change Notification for Intel® 82580EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller . The recommended replacement MM# for NH82580EB S LH5Q is 925132 which is equivalent to WGI210AT. 

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/7D73D526-5ACE-481B-AE1B-D2FD9CC0427E/PCN118016-02.pdf

You may check this link for the specifications of Intel® Ethernet Controller I210-AT

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/64400/intel-ethernet-controller-i210at.html

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Copper
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

The one that recommend from this notification 118016 - 02 is completely different (pin layout, package, number of transceiver...) then the obsoleted component 

I see intel has this part NHI350AM4 S LJ3Z is very similar to NH82580EB S LH5Q. There are few pins that have different descriptions between the 2 parts such as ball C8, C13, D5, D12 and so on. Are those pin name different but carry the same function?

Please advise. Thanks

2021-11-30_9-47-16.png

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Copper,

Thank you for the reply. 

Please allow us to further check on your follow up question. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Copper,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

We already escalated this request and have been advised that since your follow up question involves design-in inquiries, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Copper:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should address your request by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://plan.seek.intel.com/SMARTForm_ICS

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Copper
Beginner

This is not a new project.

My question is simple. Do Intel have any direct replacement for NH82580EB S LH5Q without respins my board.

Does this part  NHI350AM4 S LJ3Z backward compatible with this part NH82580EB S LH5Q ?

0 Kudos
HSakman
Beginner

Dear All,

I have the same problem, looking for a replacement of obsolete nh82580eb that we have on a board in production. Is NHI350AM4 LJ3Z a good one-to-one replacement for nh82580eb or do we need to do any changes on the board?

Kind regards

Hakan

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @HSakman,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

There is Product Change Notification regarding the 82580EB, the recommendation is to use the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210-AT.

https://www.mouser.com/PCN/Intel_Corporation_PCN118016_02.pdf

"However, customers are strongly encouraged to immediately qualify and expedite ramp of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210-AT.
Please contact your local Intel Field Sales Rep if you have any further questions about these changes."

You may get further help with any Intel Sales Representative in any Authorized Distributor Partner near your zone.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/showcase/partner-directory/distributor.html#sort=relevancy

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos