Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
867 Discussions

Only using 1 channel of the X557-AT2, what is the current consumption?

kh12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am using an x557-at2 ethernet controller, but only need to use one of the channels. I am trying to design the power rails for the device, so I am mainly looking at the maximum currents which in the case of this device , the 0.83V rail goes up to 8A. Since I am only using one channel would it be fair to design the rails to 50% of the maximums? If not, could you give me some guidance on what current values I should be using to design the power rails? Thank you. 

kh12_0-1694119276559.png

p.s. I realize x557-at exists, however it is not easily purchaseable right now and we therefore need to use the dual channel one.

-Karla

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @kh12,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

This forum is for Embedded products, but in my opinion, the AT uses exactly the half as the AT2, 4 A, and AT4 16 A, it seems that 4 A is the maximum current that may be assigned to each port, seems good to design for one port and also, disable one port from the NVM image.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
kh12
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @kh12,

Well, in Ethernet forum they should try to help, if not there is our IPS service too.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057045/ethernet-products.html

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos