Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
852 Discussions

Programming I210-AT MAC with EepromAccessTool

JCalc
Beginner

I was told by our Intel contact that the eepromARMtool is no longer distributed and instead I was given EepromAccessTool. Which when I attempt to program the MAC address gives the output:

Sample code to program MAC address in Denverton!

Unsupported NIC or platform for MAC programming.

When I look through the source code, MAC address offsets are only provided for the X550. Is there something I am missing to make this work for the I210?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, jcalcagni:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, we would like to address the following questions:

Could you please clarify if the affected design has been developed by you or by a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us all the information related to it?

Could you please confirm us that you are programming an Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 with flash and iNVM using the EEPROM Access Tool?

Could you please let us know that you are using the guidelines stated in the Intel(R) I210, I211, and X550 DesignIn for Flash Programming EEPROM Access Tool Usage Guide document # 572162?

Could you please tell us if your design fulfills with the suggestions stated in the answers to the questions 2.23 and 2.25, on page 9 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document # 335346?

We really appreciate your reply with all the information to answer these consultations.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, jcalcagni:

By the way, could you please confirm that you are using the https://cdrd.intel.com/v1/dl/getcontent/513655?asset=8246 Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 and I211-AT: Production NVM Images document # 513655? In case that you are using the cited document, could you please let us know what image are you using?

Waiting for your reply to these and the previous questions on your next communication through this channel.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos