Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Programming a blank Flash i225

Marco000
Beginner

Hello,

I´m into designing a NIC with the I225-V. While designing it I was following your design considerations. As a Flash i have used the recommended W25Q16JVSNIQ from Winbond. Now I want to setup my board. I tried to programm the flash via bootutil but it hasn´t worked. It says the device is unsupported. 

Can you please help me out if I have to do anything in advance?

Best regards

Marco

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Marco000:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Marco000,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Marco000:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
cae0n
Beginner

Hello,

I´m into designing a NIC with the I226-IT. While designing it I was following your design considerations. As a Flash i have used the recommended W25Q16JVSNIQ from Winbond. Now I want to setup my board. The i226 ethernet controller has NO driver and shows up in lanconf as "Client Foxville with Empty EEPROM Image".

Where can I find the image for programming the i226 eeprom?!?!?! I have looked EVERYWHERE!!

Can you please point me to these images? I need to program the i226 with an image or it will NOT work. 

Best regards

Cameron Bolton

0 Kudos