Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

WG82579LM reference schematic

erikcadence
Beginner

Hi,

The WG82579LM datasheet says on page 225 (sec 13.1) that a reference schematic is available on developer.intel.com but I cannot find it.  

Can someone point me to the reference schematic please?

Thanks!

Erik

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello erikcadence,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to confirm if the "WG82579LM" that you are referring is our Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet controller?

If it is, we would also like to ask since we are seeing that this is an an embedded ethernet controller what would be the exact model of your mother board and why would you be needing the schematic information so we can provide you our recommendations as well. 

Also just to give you a heads up, since this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) embedded chip we have limited support for this and we might refer you to the manufacturer if we are unable to provide further support. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
erikcadence
Beginner

Yes.  I am an electrical engineering designing a new motherboard.  Please reference Intel's WG82579LM datasheet:

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/612/82579-gbe-phy-datasheet-vol-2-1-257671.pdf

Page 225 (sec 13.1) states: 

"A reference schematic is available as a separate document; please check Developer.intel.com or contact your Intel representative."

This is Intel's chip, which we have purchased already.  My expectation is that Intel will provide the reference schematic per the datasheet so we can finish our motherboard design successfully.  

Thanks!

Erik

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello erikcadence,

Thank you for advising us, since your inquiry focusses more on the design part this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you move this post to the designated team for further assistance. 

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
erikcadence
Beginner

Ok, when will you help me move it?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @erikcadence:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to have a Resource and Design Center (RDC) privileged account to have access to the information that may help you.

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update process by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
erikcadence
Beginner

Ok, I filled out that form, although it seemed like it was just for general sign-in issues "Customer Support for Sign-in Issues".  It didn't say anything about RDC privileged account.

0 Kudos
erikcadence
Beginner

For anyone else trying to find the WG82579LM reference schematic, this is a warning (and complaint).  You need to apply for Resource and Documentation Center Privilege.  If you are a small company (small volumes) you will be denied for very unspecific reasons and sent off to distributors. 

We already bought these parts thinking we'd have no problem getting hold of the reference schematic (promised to us in the aforementioned datasheet).  Now I've spent hours trying to track it down and I'm about to give up.  This part is like 10 years old, its not special.  Why the reference schematic is not simply available in the public space like some newer Intel ethernet chips I have no idea.

0 Kudos