We are using an Intel 82574IT Gigabit Ethernet Controller in our design (we also have an additional Ethernet controller in the system, however we do not have any problems with that controller).
Our system runs Windows 7 on a Core-i7 CPU.
The Ethernet controller is interfaced to a Winbond W25X40BVSNIG Flash device. We need to program the Flash.
Basically, I only need to be able to set the MAC address, otherwise I would prefer to use the defaults.
I have the following questions:
1. Is it possible to obtain a suitable Flash image file, or should I create it from scratch?
2. How can I burn the Flash? I have the EEUPDATE and LANCONF programs. Should I use one of these for that purpose? If not - what software can I use?
Do you have access to the Intel IBL/IBP ? The document number is 377520.
If you don't have access, we can try to find another way to get it to you.
J. Felix McNulty
Community Moderator (Intel contractor)
Thank you for your reply.
1. I don't think I have access to Intel IBL/IBP.
2. I would really appreciate your helping us to obtain the image file for the 82574.
3. As I wrote in my original message, we have two Ethernet interfaces in our system. One of them is the one that I have described and the other one uses the Intel 82577 Gbit Ethernet PHY (interfaced to QM57 chipset). I originally wrote that we do not have a problem with this interface, however for some of our systems we do have a problem (detected lately) which is related to incorrect MAC address programmed in the associated NVM (this interface has a dedicated NVM which is separate from the NVM that is used in conjunction with the 82574).
Thus I would also appreciate being able to receive the image file for that device as well.
Again thank you very much for your assistance.
It would be most efficient to support you and beneficial longer term if we could get you set up with IBL access. That has to be initiated by an Intel field rep. Do you have a relationship with a local Intel contact ? If not, that's something that your Intel distributor can facilitate. Please let me know. I can try to guide you from this end if you get stuck..