Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

X550 -AT2 MDI signal spec.

MentorTseng
Beginner

Hi,

I use X550 in PoE product, but the X550 MDI signals will be damaged when PoE power is short.  By measurement, It may caused by the surge from LAN transformer when power is short. I would like to know what the absolute maximum voltage of X550 MDI pin?  

- In my design, PoE has short protect and it will be trigger about 500ns later when power is short.

- Within 500ns, it has a surge voltage between transformer and X550 MDI pin.

- I put TVS array (SP3384) on X550 and transformer, but it seems no powerful for this surge voltage.

--> I want to know the absolute maximum voltage of X550 MDI pin and find the suitable TVS components. 

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MentorTseng,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, can you confirm if you are designing or customizing you own board? If yes, we may need to move this thread to the appropriate group for further assistance. If no, kindly share the exact brand and model of your board where the X550 -AT2 was embedded.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
MentorTseng
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, I'm designing my own board. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MentorTseng,

Thank you for the swift response.

Since your query involves customized board, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

May you have an amazing day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MentorTseng:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address associated with your account with some information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos