Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

i210: BAR0 size

FJull
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working on an iMX6 board with two i210 connected through a PCIe switch.

On iMX6, only 16MB are available for PCIe memory resources.

Unfortunately, i210 BAR0 size is 8MB !

Reading the i210 datasheets, one can read that when FLBAR_Size and CSR_Size are set to 0, Flash BAR in PCI configuration space is disabled.

I'm using iNVM for configuration and I can see that FLBAR_Size and CSR_Size are zero'ed.

Why does BAR0 size is still 8MB then ?

Thanks in advance.

Franck.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @FJull​ :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if the affected project has been developed by you or a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us all the information related to it? If it is your design, could you inform us the sources that you have used to base your design? By the way, could you confirm that it fulfills the requirements stated in section 9.3.11; on pages 592, 593, and 594 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document # 303316? This document can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

@CAgui2​ .

0 Kudos
FJull
Beginner

Hi,

Shame on me !

I was working on a device with a blank iNVM memory.

We have three custom boards, one of them didn't have its iNVM programed and that's the one I choose to work on.....

With a programed iNVM BAR0 size is 128KB.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Franck.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @FJull​ :

You are welcome.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have questions related to Intel Embedded products.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos