Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

i210 PCIe Failure

YaronR
Beginner

Hi,

We use the i210-AS in our PCIe board. 

When the board is connected inside a server or PC, the host identifies the i210 via PCIe and the traffic works well. 

But when we reboot the server/PC, in many cases the i210 is not identified at all. Only when we power-down and then power-up the server/PC, the board is identified again.

We see this issue in room temperature. 

According to the date code of the i210, the revision seems to be A3.

Attached is the reduced schematic.

The board is already in mass production, so it is very critical so solve it.

Thanks in advance,

Yaron.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @YaronR:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand the reported situation:

Is this situation happening on a specific server or various? By the way, please provide information on the servers related to this situation.

Could you please confirm if the reported situation happens in a specific PCIe port or various? Please try to reproduce the situation using different ports in case you do not know this information.

What are the documents used to implement the Ethernet Controller design? And,  please let us know the procedure to obtain these documents.

Where did you buy the Ethernet Controller related to the reported situation?

We are waiting for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
YaronR
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL

Thank you for the reply.

We have just a single type of server, but we have seen this issue in different units and different ports. We have also seen this issue in a standard PC and additional EVB.

The HW design is based on reference schematic 490116 Rev 1.90. It was obtained by the previous engineers, probably several years ago.

In any case, I have uploaded the reduced schematic in the main post.

The i210 was purchased by the assembly company from Mouser.

Best regards,

Yaron.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @YaronR:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest contacting the place of purchase of the Ethernet Controller to help you with this situation.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos