Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
852 Discussions

i210 Programming Port Options

Ritchie56
Beginner

Hi,

What ports are available for external OEM programming the internal flash of the i210AT/IT?

Thanks

Ritchie Williams

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ritchie56,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to know if you are using a discreet network adapter or an embedded controller for your i210 that you are referring.

If you are using a discreet network adapter, please provide us a picture of the markings both front and back so we can check if you are using a retail or an OEM adapter. However if you are using an embedded controller, please provide us the exact model of your board instead. 

We would also like to know the reason or main purpose on why you are needing to know which port is needed for the external OEM programming the internal flash, so we can provide an accurate information. Please do advise us.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

This is the Redwire 101317 (heavily modified rev 0), attached.  We buy our parts through distributors (Arrow, Mouser, etc) , so the Product I.D. is 1531 as received, and will not read an external flash.  So we have both an NVM port as well as a JTAG connector available for initializing the flash on the i210.  I was inquiring which was the proper port for programming the flash from an OEM perspective? Or can we order the 1533 chips through intel somehow.  Thanks!

Ritchie W.

Redwire Space

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

answer your other question, this would be a discrete adapter.  RW

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ritchie56,

Thank you very much for responding and for providing us the information that we asked. Based on the picture that you have provided and what you have advised can we clarify if you are designing your own board for this?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

You are correct. This will be an add-on to an existing product.  If we order the i210 through distribution, we automatically get the 1531 product ID. As a result, we must program them ourselves (once our premier access is granted) or purchase a 1533 pre-programmed unit.  In the meantime were trying to determine the best (or only?) means to program the chip so that the correct adapter can be designed in.  The data sheet does not discus that aspect except to say once its programmed, it can't be reprogrammed.  So please let me know the correct port. 

Thanks

Ritchie

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Ritchie56,

Thank you very much for clarifying that to us. 

Your query will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you move this post to the designated team for further assistance. 

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

Please provide me a link to the "Embedded Connectivity Support team" page so that I may continue to follow up on this important matter.

RWilliams

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Ritchie56:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may answer your question is stated in section 3.4, on page 78 of the following document:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/333016

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

I assume I'll need EEUPDATE in order to program the i210 through the iNVM port?  Will a universal programmer be suitable or is it something special from intel?

Ritchie

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Ritchie56:

Thanks for your update.

The information that may answer your consultations can be found in the answer to question 2.15, on page 8 of the document stated on the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/334026

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

Carlos,

We have premier access, but when I searched for the executable package (EEUPDATE, etc), Document ID 348742, it does not return the package, only a reference to it (the FAQ), which does not tell me where it is located. I need a working link to the package please. 

Sincerely

R.Williams.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Ritchie56:

Thanks for your update.

Reviewing the profile of the email associated with this account, we found that it is standard.

Due to this fact,  you need to update your account to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html

This form is also the way to receive support if there are problems with your account.
You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).
Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

We we're already approved yesterday.  I have already accessed some other documents.  I only need 348742.

R.Williams

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

Carlos:

FYI: "Upon checking  user r*************@***********.com has RDC Privileged Access. May we know if you will be using this one? Please provide us the following details so we can investigate further."

0 Kudos
Ritchie56
Beginner

Letting you know that I was able to access 348742. Thank you

0 Kudos