We are using the Intel i210 card over PCIe in our development board which is having 4.14 Linux kernel but we see the below error happening.
We are using the igb driver available in Linux Kernel.
igb: enP2p1s0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX
[ 1252.963571] igb 0002:01:00.0 enP2p1s0: Reset adapter
Need your help here
Thanks for the response.
- We are designing a BMC card with i210.
- BMC is AST2520 and i210 is connected via NC-SI to BMC.
- This i210 will be connected to Main board via PCI interface.
We have 2 issues here
- In Main board U-boot we are observing
Warning: e1000#0 (eth0) using random MAC address - 72:20:ab:9f:19:4e
Warning: e1000#0 failed to set MAC address
- For main board we are using Linux kernel 4.14 and we have enabled igb driver for PCI interface, but the device ID detected is 1531.
0002:01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 1531.
- Not able to detect any network interface.
- We are having flashless configuration at present.
- For BMC please let us know which driver to use for NC-SI interface enablement.
- Steps for testing the NC-SI.
We have below queries as well. Request your support .
- where is the MAC address saved?
- In Case of Flashless configuratin what data must be present in the iNVM?
- In Case of external flash what is the data to be present in the external flash?
I have the same issue and I post my issue here. Please kindly help me . thank you
We have now changed the design to have a flash with i210 and flashed the binary to the flash and the we are able to ping to extenal network through PCI.
But we are now trying to get network using NC-SI and we are facing the below error
"ftgmac100 1e660000.ftgmac eth0: NCSI interface down"
Also during boot up we are seeing the below logs.
ftgmac100 1e660000.ftgmac: Error applying setting, reverse things back
ftgmac100 1e660000.ftgmac: Read MAC address 00:0c:c4:45:e7:ad from chip
ftgmac100 1e660000.ftgmac: Using NCSI interface
ftgmac100 1e660000.ftgmac eth0: irq 18, mapped at a2119000.
Request your help as we are struck at this point.
And also please let us know whether different MAC is required while trying to use PCIe interface and NC-SI interface?
Awaiting your response.
Can I ask you a question ? I have the same issue which is
[ 15.286302] igb 0000:01:00.0 eth1: Reset adapter
[ 18.164102] igb 0000:01:00.0 eth1: igb: eth1 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX
[ 20.960144] igb 0000:01:00.0: Detected Tx Unit Hang
According your suggestion , I shall update the igb source codes (linux/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb) then it will be Ok.
Please give me a hand
igb source codes ==> https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/igb%20stable/
update to 5.11.4