Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
853 Discussions

i350 rtegister setup for working on PCIe extetnder cables.

Bad0512
Beginner

Hi, all.

In my application there are some requirements for using i350 based NIC card on long distance (approx 30cm.) PCIe extender cables. Sometime this setup works very unstable (one card works well, but another one does not works at all). The question is do I need to modify EEPROM content or to reprogram PHY link related registers to improve PCIe signal conditions for such long distance cables?

Best regards,

Jury Badulin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi Bad0512,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding your issue, we will route this enquiry to another team Intel Embedded Community team, who is more expert regarding this enquiry. Please stay on this forum thread and they will assist you further.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Bad0512:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your consultations, but we want to address the following questions to understand them:

Are your consultations related to an Intel Ethernet Controller, NIC card, or adding card? Please mention the name of the manufacturer and part number.

Where do you purchase the device related to your requests?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Bad0512
Beginner

Hello, @CarlosAM_INTEL

I am using LR-LINK LREC9714HF-4SFP Ethernet adapter with 3M 8KH2-0723-0500 cable.

Best regards,

@Bad0512

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Bad0512:

Thanks for your clarification.

You need to address the consultations related to the cited third-party NIC card to the Techincal Support email address stated as a reference in the following website:

https://www.lr-link.com/contactus.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos