Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

A chip down solution from Intel processors for my requirement

DMotl
Beginner

REQUIREMENT STATEMENT      

Video encoder and decoder   (H.264)      

4GB or more DRAM                                                     

10/100/ and 1G Ethernet ports                                                

USB 3.0/2.0 ports of fixed peripherals                                    

4 microphone inputs I2S                                                           

Lot of GPIOs (digital and analog)

More than 4 (I2C)

PCIe interfaces                                               

One output for external audio     I2S                                       

More than 3 SDIO x4  and one x8 for eMMC                                                     

MiPi analog camera inputs 

UARTs                                               

A HDMI connection

RGB/LVDS

CSI/CSD                                                           

CAN FD Bus

Many SPI interface

Replay of 4 video at 720p

Must be able to display a total of 120 frames per second from up to 4 video inputs

Be able to record up to combined 240 frames per second divided among the eight possible video inputs                                     

Must support recording eight concurrent streams

Industrial temp or better

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DMotl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I was checking the requirements you have but none of our integrated graphics in the core processors would be able to provide you with the performance you are requesting.

You can have more information and check the different processors we have in the link below: 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873

Keep in mind that you can also compare them in order to selec t the best processor for you.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DMotl
Beginner
Thanks David, I was hoping to find a processor embedded/SOM/chip down similar or better than what NXP offer as iMX8Mx family. The filtering link you provided is not helping me for my requirement. I was hoping for a guru who is familiar with all processors to filter it down. There are couple issues I have with iMX8MQ6; not having a video encoder (H.264) and choking up playing multiple video using QT application. Can Intel offer anything better? I have seen some SOM offered by third party companies like Advantech using Celeron 3940 seem to meet the requirement but had my doubts.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello DMotl,

Thank you for your response.

Since your inquiry seems to be related more to an embedded product, I will change this to the Embedded Products community. You will be getting the assistance you need as soon as possible.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DMotl
Beginner
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @DMotl​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Your consultations of this type should be addressed by filling out the form stated at the following website:

https://plan.seek.intel.com/SMARTForm_ICS

However, reviewing your first communication we suggest you the devices listed at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i7-processors.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/x-series.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos