Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1146 Discussions

ATOM C2000 clock signal component failures

sMoro1
Beginner

I contacted Intel to see if an official statement was released that stated that the issue with the clock signal component had been fixed for processors manufactured after November 2016. I was not given an answer by Intel Customer Service, but instead directed to this forum for "further information".

Can someone tell me if this info is available, and where I can find it?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, SteveMo1:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you is stated in the errata AVR1, AVR50, and AVR54; on pages 18, 34, and 35 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/atom-c2000-family-spec-update.pdf Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor C2000 Product Family Specification Update document # 329460.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sMoro1
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the reply. I believe that AVR54 was the one that addressed the issue with the clock failures. Unfortunately, I don't see in that note any mention that it had been corrected. They mention a "workaround" which I'm assuming is intended for affected processors that are already incorporated into a system.

What I need is confirmation that Intel corrected the clock issue for this processor. Sorry if I sound naïve, but I'm not in IT and I'm looking for a layman's explanation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, SteveMo1:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to better understand your request, could you please give us the part number of the processor related to this situation?

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
sMoro1
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I definitely appreciate your assistance, so please don't think that my frustration is in any way aimed at you, but as a layman I just need to know if Intel FIXED the clock issue they identified on the ATOM C2000 processor family. I don't know why Intel customer service couldn't give me a simple answer on this, but instead they directed me to this forum. I would think (maybe I'm off base on this) that their CS should have been able to provide some official statement to that effect. If it wasn't fixed, and the "workaround" noted in the errata note AVR54 is stating that they aren't going to fix the problem, that's fine too. But I am not experienced in dealing with these issues to know if that is how that should be interpreted.

If you could shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it immensely!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, SteveMo1:

Thanks for your reply.

Reviewing the information stated in Table 1, on page 10 of the mentioned Specification Update the cited issue has been fixed for stepping C0.

Our previous information request has been made to verify if the device that you have is affected by this erratum.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos