Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Apollo Lake with IDT SVID PMIC vs. ROHM I2C PMIC

CChew1
Beginner

Apollo Lake board with IDT SVID PMIC, the S0 -> S3 transition time was 202us.

Apollo Lake board with ROHM I2C PMIC, the S0 -> S3 transition time was 2.5 seconds.

May I know what is the reason ??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, MichaelCSChew :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Design Center.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us the part numbers and SKUs of the related to this situation?

By the way, could you please let us know if the design related to this has been developed by you or a third-party company? In case that it is a third-party design, could you please give us the part number, model, and where is stated its information?

Waiting for the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CChew1
Beginner

IDT SVID PMIC, IDT* P9180

ROHM I2C PMIC, BD2670MWV

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, MichaelCSChew:

Thanks for the provided information.

However, could you please give us know the part number and SKU of the processor related to this?

By the way, could you please tell us if the design related to this situation has been designed by you or it is a third-party project? Please provide all the information if it is a third-party device.

Waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CChew1
Beginner

They use Apollo Lake E3930 series.

This is third party board, please let me know if any related document needed.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, MichaelCSChew:

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your previous communication, could you please give us the part number, model, where is stated the information of the party-board related to the described situation?

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CChew1
Beginner

Do you mean PMIC model and part number?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, MichaelCSChew :

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me explain my question.

You told us that the affected board has been manufactured by a third party company and you can give us all the details related to it, so we want all the information related to it.

Could you please provide it?

Waiting for your reply to this request.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CChew1
Beginner

Customer design 2 APL-I boards with IDT PMIC (SVID interface) and ROHM PMIC (I2C interface),

found that S0 to S3 power transition period is slow on APL-I board with ROHM PMIC compare with APL-I board with IDT PMIC.

S0 to S3 timing for APL-I (E3930) board with IDT PMIC - P9180 (SVID interface) is 202us

S0 to S3 timing for APL-I (E3930) board with ROHM PMIC- BD2670MWV (I2C interface) is 2.5s

Both APL board design almost are same except power circuit with difference PMIC (both APL board are follow Intel PDG guide)

Both APL board are using same BIOS version with same BIOS setting

The timing transition from S0 to S3 is measured from PLTRST goes LOW to SLP_S3 goes LOW:

EDS, Doc# 557555, Figure 4-9.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, MichaelCSChew :

Thanks for your update.

We still want the information requested in our previous communication.

However, we suggest addressing this thread by filling out as a reference to the following form:

https://www.rohm.com/contactus https://www.rohm.com/contactus

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos