Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Baytrail-T memory reference code

BBerg7
New Contributor I

Hi,

I'm working on a project with Z3745 SoC. I have Baytrail MRC (Memory Reference Code) 1.0 source code which I have customized for use in our BIOS. It works well and I have used it for memory down and DIMM architectures in many projects. The memory down approach was used for Minnowboard Max.

When I started to use the MRC for the Z3745 it hanged immediately. The reason was that it was trying to setup the SMBus and there are non on Baytrail-T architectures. I fixed that. Now it stops in the LPDDR3_CATraining() step. It looks like the implementation of LPDDR3 support in the MRC has been completed, so it must be a later MRC or a special for Baytrail-T architectures. As the original MRC will hang due to the missing SMBus, there must be a later or special version for Baytrail-T architectures.

The same is true for the FSP. It will not work on Baytrail-T architectures as the MRC will hang. (I don't know if there is going to be any FSP for Baytrail-T, but I think that would be a good idea).

So this is the background of my problem. The question is, where can I get the MRC I need that fully supports LPDDR3 and Baytrail-T?

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Berth-Olof,

We will contact you via email to help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
BBerg7
New Contributor I

Thank you Carlos!

I have filed the issue in premier support too, but mail contact about this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello Berth-Olof,

We are glad to hear that our email was useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
BBerg7
New Contributor I

The Baytrail-T series are apparently handling by another division than the one covered by Intel Premium Support. It's unclear where to find help in this issue. Maybe filing an error report of the MRC will be a better strategy. After all, the LPDDR3 training code in the MRC does not work and there might be a later version that works.

Can you help me find it?

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, B-O!

We verified that your case is indeed open in the IPS system. The team will be addressing your questions through that system which automatically emails you, too. Stay tuned, I'm sure they'll be getting back with you in no time! Have a nice weekend! LynnZ.

0 Kudos
BBerg7
New Contributor I

Hi Lynn, I have got some response from IPS. I got confirmation that there is another MRC for Baytrail-T and it's handled by another division. I have asked for contact information and hope to get it soon.

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Berth,

We are glad that you could get the contact information for your Baytrail-T.

Do not hesitate to contact us if further assistance is required.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
BBerg7
New Contributor I

Hello Gabriel!

I have got the MRC source code and I will soon start the work of merging my changes to the previous MRC with the changes of the new MRC. My goal is to use the same MRC for all Baytrail platforms and the different memory architectures. As Baytrail-T is different in many aspects, there are a lot of work comparing and finding out the optimum way of supporting them all using the same code base.

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello B-O,

Thanks for your update.

We hope that the information that you have received would be useful to you.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A

0 Kudos
BBerg7
New Contributor I

Thank you Carlos!

Best regards,

B-O