Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Configuring EG20T Controller Hub CAN channel for Custom Clock Rate

DBaec
Beginner

According to the Intel Platform Controller Hub EG20T CAN Driver for Widows Programmer's Guide Feb. 2011 Doc # 324255-002US, the IOCTL_CAN_CUSTOM is used to set the CAN custom clock rate. But the example i section 5.3.3 has all of the parameters to the IOCTL_CAN_CUSTOM as either NULL or zero.

How do you configure the EG20T CAN channel for a custom clock rate?

What parameters are needed and how are they passed in the IOCTL_CAN_CUSTOM function?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Wecome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

I want to make you aware of a special place to go with questions like yours. The Intel® e-Help desk is staffed by Intel representatives who support select Intel embedded platforms including Intel Atom™ and associated chipsets.

To access e-Help, you need to be a Privileged member of the Intel® Embedded Community.

If you are not already a Privileged member, you can request an upgrade to your community account here:

https://edc.intel.com/My-Account.aspx https://edc.intel.com/My-Account.aspx

In addition to access to e-Help, Prvileged members may also access the confidential content within the Intel® Embedded Design Center, such as design documents, specifications, and training materials.

I hope this helps.

Felix

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)

DBaec
Beginner

I would like to use e-Help and have applied for a Priveldege Account, but it is pending and unfortunately takes 10 business days to approve. Apprently Intel is not working too hard to help customers.

0 Kudos
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

A key factor that gates the Priveleged Account approval time is establishing a Confidential Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA) with Intel. If your company already has a CNDA in place, the cycle is usually much shorter.

Felix

0 Kudos