Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1152 Discussions

Desktop Board D2700MUD - EMGD Graphic driver and network adapter problem on XP

AJenk2
Beginner

Hi

I have serious problem with my Intel Desktop Board D2700MUD Graphic driver, generated with EMGD configuration editor on Windows XP Proffesional. I create new configuration file and select CRT..like VGA mode to obtain driver, doesn't change anything else, left on default. When I installed it and restart everything seems nice and beauty, but next moment my network adapter(also embedded) after i went to network server or internet shows up message that my "Network cable unplugged" on and off it switches. Then I uninstall my driver reverse, restart all back normal.

What seems to be the problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Cemmac,

Welcome to the Intel® Embedded Community.

I'd like to know what version of graphic driver is used and as well as the LAN driver installed?

We will work on getting an answer to your question. Have a great day and we'll be talking with you soon!

Best Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello Cemmac

I consulted with our engineers

They suggested that you check the interruptions of your drivers, there is a possibility that your LAN driver's IRQ is conflicting with the one of your EMGD driver in that case you need to change the IRQ.

I hope this is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Cemmac!

From another Intel employee, Kirk, his input was, "The graphics driver should not have anything to do with the network connectivity. He may be running out of resources after the full graphics is enabled by the driver, but that would not be directly caused by the driver- it uses what it has to have plus any extra you configure it to use."

0 Kudos