Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Difference between two ATOM (E3845) processors

HSteg
Novice

Hi Processor Forum,

I am trying to determine the difference between two ATOM (E3845) processors; FH8065301487717S R1X6 and FH8065301487717S R3UT. I've tried researching these processors on Intel's website and was able to find this page:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/78475/intel-atom-processor-e3845-2m-cache-1-91-ghz.html

The Ordering and Compliance (the "Ordering and spec information") section shows these two ICs (SR1X6 and SR3UT) but don't describe the differences between these parts.

I also downloaded the Atom E3800 Family datasheet but these parts aren't compared in that document.

Finally, I opened a case with Intel's Customer Service but they referred me to Intel's Support Forums.  I'm hoping this forum can help clarify the differences between these two processors.

Thanks,

Hal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @HSteg:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello HSteg,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. We will move your question to the correct sub forum, the team in charge will get back to you soon. 

Regards,  

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @HSteg:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded community.

Reviewing the section of the website that you have mentioned, the cited S spec codes are related to different steepings of the mentioned device. You can confirm this information in the mentioned section of the website stated in your message.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
HSteg
Novice

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I see on that webpage that SR1XG is Stepping D0 and SR3UT is Stepping D1.  But I don't understand what that means.  Would you please elaborate on the differences between these two ICs?

Thanks,

@HSteg 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @HSteg:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos