Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

E600, EMGD, Gstreamer high CPU load and DVB-T

IHaas
Beginner

Hello,

I run into some trouble using hardware acceleration on TunnelCreek with GStreamer in Fedora 14 Timesys with Kernel 2.6.35-8.

I made all changes like described in the IEMGD users guide.

EMGD driver is loaded and hardware acceleration is working fine on MP4 Files and HD USB Webcam. The CPU load average is about 35% on both cores.

The problem I have is to accelerate DVB-T stream playback.My gstreamer pipeline is combined as follows:

gst-launch -v dvbsrc adapter=$ADAP bandwidth=$BANDWIDTH frequency=$FREQUENCY ! \ queue ! mpegtsdemux name=demux program-number=$PMN ! \ queue ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! queue ! vaimagesink \ demux. ! \ queue ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! \ queue ! alsasink

The channel list was created with "w_scan" and is working. I have Video and Audio output however with a CPU load average of almost 95% on both cores.

If I playback an recorded stream with the following pipeline I have also an load average of 95%.

gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location=$1 ! \

queue ! ffdemux_mpegts name=demux ! \

queue ! ffdec_mpegvideo ! queue ! vaimagesink async=false sync=true \

demux. ! \

queue ! mad ! \

audioconvert ! audioresample ! \

audio/x-raw-int, rate=48000, channels=2, endianness=1234, width=16, depth=16, signed=true ! \

queue ! alsasink sync=true provide-clock=true

Can anybody tell me how the gst-launch pipeline should look like? Is there a chance at all to accelerate TS playback.

I hope I get help here or a tip.

Regards

Ingo Haas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ABHISHEK_G_Intel
Employee

hello, what is the CPU load if you just decode and present the video and not do any audio decoding. Audio decoding is purely done in software, CPU load for which will totally depend on how optimized the audio codec is.

0 Kudos