Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

EMGD screen tearing under Linux

TStow
Beginner

I have successfully installed the EMGD 1.18 driver under Ubuntu Linux, and 2D and 3D acceleration is working. I do notice a lot of tearing when moving graphics horizontally in both 2D and 3D. Is there any option I can configure that would eliminate the tearing? I couldn't find anything related to vsync in the xorg.conf file.

I've already added "Option "ALL/1/General/tearfb" "1" to xorg.conf but it didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello trs79,

Thanks you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to help you, could you please tell us the part numbers of the Processor and Chipset related to this condition? Could you please tell us the Ubuntu version related to this problem?

Please give us the answer to these questions to have a better idea of this situation.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TStow
Beginner

Thanks for the response, here is the information

CPU: Atom Z520 with US15W chipset.

Graphics: PowerVR SGX535

Ubuntu version: 14.04 "Trusty" 32 bit.

Device: O2 OpenFrame

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello trs79,

Thanks for your update.

Based on your previous reply, could you please try to reproduce this issue using any of the following Operating Systems?

- Microsoft Windows XP Embedded SP2

- Microsoft Windows XP SP2

- Microsoft Windows WEPOS SP2

- Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0

- QNX Neutrino

- Red Hat Embedded Linux

- Red Flag Linux

- Wind River Linux

Thanks in advance for your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TStow
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have access to any of those operating systems so I can't test on them. I take it tearing hasn't been an issue on these OS's before?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello trs79,

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest you these Operating Systems because they are mentioned as the supported to this platform, so we want to confirm if the problem persists using them. They are listed on page 2 of the attached Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor Z5xx Series and Intel(R) System Controller Hub US15W Product Brief.

It is important to let you know that any condition out of the stated at the documentation should be tested and validated on your own.

Please let us know if this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TStow
Beginner

I apologize, I didn't realize this forum wasn't for general help

0 Kudos