Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1156 Discussions

Elkhart Lake and Network Adapter Driver

Falki
Novice

I tried to install the Network Adapter  Driver 28.2 on a board based on the Elkhart Lake x6414RE processor. However, it would not install.

As the EHL integrated Ethernet ports seem to support VLAN, I was wondering if there is a different driver I need to use to get the VLAN's working.

Kind Regards, Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @Falki,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Can you try with the Intel (R) Ethernet Controller I225 Windows LAN driver from this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/design/confidential/software-kits/kit-details.html?kitId=746943

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
Falki
Novice

Hello @Diego_INTEL ,

Thanks you for the hint, however, none of the downloads on this page seems to work, all produce this error:
There was an error processing the last request.
You will be redirected to a help page in 3 seconds.
If you are not redirected, please click this link

-->

Oops, something went wrong!
The page you requested has moved or doesn't exist. If you followed a link, it's probably broken - but don't worry, we've already reported it. In the meantime, why not take a look around?

But, with your hint, I found the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack, that should include the I225 driver as well.
I'll try this one and let you know.

Kind Regards,

@Falki 

0 Kudos
Falki
Novice

Hello @Diego_INTEL,

Looks like  would have to force installation of the driver, however, there are so many variants (-IT, -LM- -LMvP, -V ...), I've no clue what to take. Also, on EHL, there a three LAN adapter, which driver do I take for which port?

I tried several of them randomly, but none of them will work.

Kind Regards,

@Falki 

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @Falki,

What you need is the Gigabit Ethernet driver, you will need a Premier account or you can go to the place of purchase and ask to an Intel Sales Representative to help you in getting access to this document. Also, this other document is newer than the other document that I have shared:

Document #787193 - Intel Atom® x6000E series, and Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® N and J Series Processors (Code Name: Elkhart Lake) Windows* 10 x64 LTSC21H2 IPU24.1 Release Best Known Configuration

Here you can check on how to apply to a Premier account in case you need.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

My apologies for not being able to help further than this.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos