Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Hi May i know can we replace old version of E3845 with revised version (Stepping D-1) without any problem ?

MMahl4
Beginner

we have 1500 board with old version CPU since 2014 and CPUs going to fail after 3years working.can we replace their failed CPUs with new version?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MMahl4​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest you review the information stated in eighth point of the Specification Changes on page 49 of the Intel Atom(R) Processor E3800 Specification Update-NDA document # 539130.

Also, the D-1 devices have fixed the errata VLI83 and VLI89 as you may confirm on pages 14, 15, 42, 43, and 44 of the cited Spec Update - NDA.

It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/539130.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or any inconvenience related to the provided website. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
MMahl4
Beginner

Dear Sir

many thanks for your reply . I created RDC account successfully , but document #539130 is still forbidden to access for me .

Anyway , I just want to know can we replace failed old E3845 CPU with new Stepping D-1 ? I am aware about bug that fixed in new design . but my major problem is to know can we replace it or not .

Best Regards

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MMahl4​:

Thanks for your reply.

You can replace the old versions with the new ones using the provided information.

In case that you are still unavailable to access the cited document , please contact the RDC Support team through through the form suggested on our last communication.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos