Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Hi Team, I am working on the E3930 Intel Atom Processor using Apollo-lake SDK. I need create the two partition in image it self and need to upgrade the image. Can you guys please suggest me how we can do.

UMama
Beginner

I created two partition using the wic and .wks files but its creating virtual image with this image board is not booting so please let me know any other solution.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @UMama​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your request, we want to address the following questions:

Could you please give part number or the top side markings pictures of the processors associate to this forum?

Could you please clarify if this situation happens on your design or a third- party project? 

In case that it is a third-party device, could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, its model, the part number, and where its documentation is stated?

On the other hand, could you please let us know how many units of the project related to this circumstance have been manufactured? How many are affected? Could you please give the failure rate? Also, could you please list the sources that you have used to design it and if it has been verified by Intel?

Could you please let us know the Operating Systems associated to this situation?

We are waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
UMama
Beginner

Hi @Mæcenas_INTEL,

Thanks for replay.

Could you please give part number or the top side markings pictures of the processors associate to this forum?

• part number is Intel Atom E3930 processor

Could you please clarify if this situation happens on your design or a third- party project? 

In case that it is a third-party device, could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, its model, the part number, and where its documentation is stated?

•   Its reference design from intel CRB

On the other hand, could you please let us know how many units of the project related to this circumstance have been manufactured? How many are affected? Could you please give the failure rate? Also, could you please list the sources that you have used to design it and if it has been verified by Intel?

• Tested with Intel CRB (apollo-lake SDK wic image) and Intel Minnow-board (Leafhill-SDK wic image) but in both board wic image is not booting

We are using Apollo-lake SDK, created my own my_test.wks file its creating the multiple partition but not booting with the CRB board.

•  wic create my_test -e core-image-sato

INFO: The new image(s) can be found here:

./my_test-202005111355-sda.direct

The following build artifacts were used to create the image(s):

ROOTFS_DIR:          /home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/rootfs

ROOTFS_DIR["/var"]:      /home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/rootfs

BOOTIMG_DIR:         /home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/intel_corei7_64-poky-linux/core-image-sato/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/share

KERNEL_DIR:          /home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/build/tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64

NATIVE_SYSROOT:        /home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/build/tmp/work/corei7-64-poky-linux/wic-tools/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native

INFO: The image(s) were created using OE kickstart file:

/home/mamathau/INTEL_E39XX/yocto_build/scripts/lib/wic/canned-wks/my_test_bios.wks

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @UMama​:

Thanks for your update.

Based on your last reply, we suggest as a reference review the information of the section 5.6 of the document stated in the following website as a reference:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0/dev-manual/dev-manual.html

By the way, in case that you have more questions related to this situation, please address them to the channels listed as a reference as well in the following websites:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/mailing-lists/

https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
UMama
Beginner

Hi @Mæcenas_INTEL,

Thanks for replay.

Using wic images we are created partition.

I am having one doubt, are we upgrade the image using wic image like can we swap the primary and secondary partition?

I tiered to add get solution from https://www.yoctoproject.org/community/mailing-lists/ this link but I didn't get any answer for my question.

let me know how we can swap the partition in the images??

if we are going to swap the images means, if new partitioned images having corrupted how we can solve this??

0 Kudos
UMama
Beginner

Hi @Mæcenas_INTEL,

Its a gentle remainder so please if you have any solution reply to me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @UMama​:

Thanks for your reply.

We want to clarify that our previous suggestion is based on the information stated in the Yocto proyect file of the Supported Software table on page 4 of the Product Brief: Intel Atom® Processor E3900 Series, Intel® Celeron® Processor N3350, and Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200 document # 334896 that can be found at:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/334896

This is our suggestion to solve your inconvenience.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos