Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

IEGD 10.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 with US15W working but without GLX

TSchn7
Beginner

Hello everybody,i managed to get the iegd_mod.ko working on Ubuntu 9.04, with manual changesto the build process. My Platform is a Atom+US15W board from MEN Micro with a 1024x768Resolution flat panel connected on LVDS port. Ubuntu is 9.04 with recompiled kernel 2.6.28.10.Everything starts up fine except for the AIGLX section which complains that module iegd_dri.so does not export a symbol "__driDriverExtensions". Also I get the same effect like another user here reported, that is the MTRR base starting at 0x3f800000.Therefore,when trying to start glxgears demo it breaks up with an complaint aboutsome invalid ID (I guess its a direct result from that AIGLX error message).So my questions are:1) can the nonaligned MTRR range be the reason for GLX not working? can this Range bemoved elsewhere? (tried a PCI_FIXUP() in my kernel startup routine to move it to0x40000000 but got only funny visual effects..)2) some files mentioned in the linux section of the Usermanual seem to be taken offline.For exampe I cant find splay-plugin-atlas-1.2.0.tgz anywhere. Are there newer playersavailable which use the US15W acceleration?regards,Thomas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Thomas:

Since you are using Intel® US15W, I want to make you aware of a special place to go with your technical questions. The Intel e-Help desk is staffed by Intel representatives dedicated to answering embedded Intel® architecture product, design and development questions for select Intel processors, including Atom and US15W.

The Intel e-Help desk is only available to registered private users. Before you can access e-Help, you will first have to upgrade your community membership to private status. Private account status also allows you to access special documents and tools at the Intel® Embedded Design Center. Note that it usually takes a few days for the approval process, and it normally requires that your company has a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Intel. If you are interested, http://edc.intel.com/My-Account.aspx http://edc.intel.com/My-Account.aspx" target="_self">Click here to go to your 'My Account' page and request registered private access. In the meantime, let's see if someone in the community can help you with an answer.

Felix

0 Kudos
TSchn7
Beginner

Hello,

thanks, I made a step ahead already, the IEGD User Guide says in chapter 7.3.2:

"Disable AIGLX because IEGD does not support or work with it. To disable AIGLX,add the Option "AIGLX" "FALSE" command to the xorg.conf file in theServerFlags section."

I did so and the Problem seems to be gone, at least with SuSE 11.0 and X.org version

1.4. I will try on the Ubuntu 9.04 too.

regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos