Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

Intel ATOM C3000 DMA

BKeit1
Beginner

I have an ATOM c3708 and am looking to implement a general purpose DMA Driver. Reading through the datasheet for the c3000 family I couldn't find a definitive source for general purpose dma. Is there one? Do I need to use one of the DMA Controllers on one of the existing devices?

The end goal is to DMA between Local Ram and PCIe devices. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BKeit1​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to know more details to help you in the best way possible. Due to this fact, could you please clarify if this thread is related to a technical problem? In case that answer is affirmative, please give a detailed description.

Could you please tell us if the affected designs have been designed by you or by a third-party company? In case that they are third-party units please give the part number, model, name of the manufacturer, where it is stated the information related to it. In case that it is your design, could you please clarify it has been reviewed by Intel and list the sources that you have used to develop it?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
BKeit1
Beginner

It is indeed a technical issue. I am asking about General Purpose DMA access on Intel ATOM c3000 processors. I am not using a design yet, instead I am looking for direction on where to start. I've looked through the c3000 family datasheet and couldn't find a definitive section on DMA.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @BKeit1​:

Thanks for your reply.

The Direct Memory Access (DMA) information of the listed processor is stated in section 18.3.14, on pages 593, 594, and 595 of the Intel Atom Processor C3000 Product Family External Design Specification [EDS], Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 document # 558579. It is accessible when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/558579

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or any inconvenience related to the last provided website. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/registration-privileged.html

We suggest you use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others). 

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos