Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Intel Gordon Ridge Apollo Lake - Flashing Android Images on BXT-P_IVI

SChau8
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to flash Android images for 20171201_WW48 release. I have followed BXT-P_IVI_for_Android_GSG.pdf doc for how to but unable to get fastboot on SOC terminal.

Followed below procedure stated in BXT-P_IVI_for_Android_GSG.pdf

Flashing Android Images:

The below procedure assumes you have built or downloaded an Android flashfiles zip

package: *flashfiles*.zip

1. Unzip the *flashfiles*.zip flashfile package to a folder accessible the host that is

running the Platform Flash Tool (PFT) tool.

2. Flash the IOC + IFWI from the flashfiles using the flashing tools as described in the

above sections.

3. Boot the MRB to fastboot mode by doing the following:

• From IOC console reset with "r", then boot in fastboot mode from IOC console by pressing keys: n4#

The SoC console should print message: "USB for fastboot transport layer selected" indicating the fastboot protocol is waiting for the flashing to begin.

4. Launch the Platform Flash Tool application and use the browse button (at the top-right) to navigate to the extracted flashfiles package, then double-click the flash.json file.

Currently device Intel Gordon Ridge Apollo Lake is having IOC version 3.0.25. Can u please help me out and provide the procedure to get fastboot working. I have tried with different switch position for boot mode but same result, not getting fastboot print message on SOC terminal nor PFT detecting the device.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Suresh2683 :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please let us know if this situation is happening in your own design or a third party one? In case that it is a third party project, could you please let us know the information related to it?

Could you please let us know the document number where the information stated in this thread can be located? Please include sections and pages.

Waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SChau8
Beginner

You can refer doc# 572523_BXT_P_IVI_for_Android_GSG_Rev0.71.pdf sec 6.2 Flashing Android Images.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Suresh2683:

Thanks for your reply.

However, we need all information that should answer our previous questions. Due to this fact, could you please give us the rest of the requested information?

We really appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SChau8
Beginner

Hello Carlos A

This is original design only. I'm just trying to flash prebuilt Android images and following the procedure mentioned in doc. I have refer in previous thread.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Suresh2683 :

Thanks for your update.

Based on the information stated in the Table Supported Software, on page 4 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/atom-processor-e3900-series-product-brief.pdf Apollo Lake Product Brief, you need to address your Android consultations to the companies listed as a reference at the following website:

https://androidbusinesspartners.withgoogle.com/android/partners/search?services=Applications%20(ISV) https://androidbusinesspartners.withgoogle.com/android/partners/search?services=Applications%20(ISV)

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos