Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Where can I find a UART controller sub device driver for Atom E3800 in Windows 10

idata
Employee

I tried to get COM ports to work in Windows 10 for an Atom CPU E3827 board. Where can I find a UART controller sub device driver for Atom E3800 in Windows 10? Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello ThangH,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We would like to inform you that the cited Operating system (OS) is unlisted as a supported one. This information is stated on page 3 of the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-briefs/atom-processor-e3800-platform-brief.pdf Intel® Atom™ Processor E3800 Product Family Product Brief.

Due to this fact, the requested driver is unavailable.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your quick reply.

In that case, how about Windows 8.1? Do you know where I can find this driver for Windows 8.1?

Best Regards,

Thang

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello ThangH,

Thanks for your update.

The tool that may help you is the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu Intel® Driver Update Utility.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your help. I tried that tool but it didn't help.

Best regards,

Thang

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello ThangH ,

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest you address your request by filling out the https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/forms/design-assistance.html Intel Embedded Assistance form.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

Best regards,

Thang

0 Kudos
Ivan_R_Intel
Employee

I believe Windows inbox serial.sys works fine. Do you have any issues?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivanrouzanov,

Thank you for your suggestion. I believe serial.sys doesn't work in this board using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

For installing Windows 10 on this board I need to make the following changes in the BIOS:

LPSS & SCC Devices Mode > Select "ACPI Mode"

OS Selection > Windows8.X

With these changes in the BIOS, I need to install a HS-UART and UART controller sub device driver so that I can test the COM ports using putty or similar tools.

Please let me know if you know where I can find a UART controller sub device driver (Windows 8.1 or 10) for this CPU.

Best regards,

Thang

0 Kudos
FLeu
Beginner

Did you get this solved? I'm having the same issues.

I have a sub device driver but the implementation does not adhere to the MS specification for COM ports. The only application that works is Putty, which runs just because it has a very 'strange' incomplete implementation and should really ot be taken as a sample.

Could you access the ports by the new serCx2 interface instead of the old serial.sys COM interface?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, McLion:

In order to be on the same page, could you please confirm if the affected design has been developed by you or a third party company? If it is a third party design, please give us all the information related to it.

In case that it has been designed by you, could you please tell us the part numbers of the processors related to the affected project?

Please let us know this information to have a better idea of this condition and find the information that may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SPote
Beginner

Hello, Carlos

I'm am developing an application for the Minnowboard Turbot running Windows 10 64 bit, on Atom E3826 SoC. As a follow-up to the above posts: "Where can I find a UART controller sub device driver for Atom E3800 in Windows 10",

I have read document 335148-001 "Enabling Multi-com Port for Microsoft OS 10/ IoT". In section 4.2 , the document refers to a Sub Device Driver Sample Code "UartSample". I was unable to find a link to this sample code. Can you please provide a link this this code package.

Thanks,

ETC107

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, ETC107 :

In order to help you, we suggest you as a reference address your request to the https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=en-US Msdn forums.

Best regards,

Carlos_A .

0 Kudos