Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1154 Discussions

Where to find Intel HD Graphics SDK

SNels1
Novice

Hello, I was recently upgraded to Privileged Access and I'm looking for the correct Windows SDK that will allow me to manage outputs (HDMI) on Intel HD Graphics displays.

I need to be able to, from a .Net application on an embedded board:

• Detect connected displays (HDMI or VGA) and (Multiple output/screen as well)
  • Detect supported resolutions of connected displays
  • Apply supported resolutions to connected displays
  • Toggle "Maintain Display Scaling" or "Center Image" feature of Intel Graphics

This embedded board will be a digital signage style thin client with no keyboard or mouse, detection and applying of display configurations will need to be done automatically via code.

PS: I cannot use built-in Windows display configuration API. The API is not well documented for multiple desktops and Windows API doesn't allow for the Intel Graphics feature of "Maintain Display Scaling"

Thanks,

Scott

1 Solution
Marcelo_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ScottN,

Sorry for the delay.

The document is now available, you can search for it in the EDC library as # 552974 or by the name "Application Programming Interface Specification for Intel® Integrated Graphics Chipsets"

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards

Marcelo Montero.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Marcelo_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ScottN

Welcome to the Intel Embedded Community.

We are checking your case and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Marcelo Montero

Marcelo_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ScottN,

Please check the following webpagehttps://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-sdp-home Intel® Software Development Tools

Unfortunately none of the available tools support .net language. I recommend you to check with microsoft.

The document "Application Programming Interface Specification for Intel® Integrated Graphics Chipsets" are the parameters related to graphics.

We are going to upload it to the EDC library, as soon as it's available, I will let you know.

For the Device type(HDMI), refer to page 12.

For the screen parameters, refer to page 30.

Aspect scaling, refer to page 27.

What is your system configuration? What graphics are you going to use?

Regards

Marcelo Montero.

0 Kudos
SNels1
Novice

If there is no native support for .Net I can most likely Marshal the calls. I'm looking forward to the document. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ScottN,

Sorry for the delay.

The document is now available, you can search for it in the EDC library as # 552974 or by the name "Application Programming Interface Specification for Intel® Integrated Graphics Chipsets"

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards

Marcelo Montero.

0 Kudos
SNels1
Novice

Thank you Marcelo. This may be a dumb question, but where to I go to find the EDC library? I'm new to the EDC area/community. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

Please visit the following site to access the EDC library: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/library/intelligent-systems.results.html Intel Embedded Library

and type the document's number or the tittle.

Best regards,

Gabriel Thomas

SNels1
Novice

Thanks Gabriel!

Here's another long shot question, maybe MarceloMontero can assist too.

This document outlines the interface definitions which is great. Is there any chance there is a .h (header) file out there that can assist in creating a .Net wrapper for the DLL to be called. Also, what DLL is meant to be called when dealing with graphics properties? Is it igfxres.dll?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

We are going to check if this file is available, we will let know any update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello Scott,

We have consulted this case, as soon as we received the feedback we will contact you.

Regards,

Gabriel Thomas

0 Kudos
Marcelo_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ScottN,

We do not support .net language. However, this may be useful for your development.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/programming-with-the-intel-sdk-for-opencl-applications-development-tools https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/programming-with-the-intel-sdk-for-opencl-applications-development-tools

The Intel® SDK for OpenCL* - Offline Compiler offers full offline OpenCL* language compilation, including an OpenCL* syntax checker, cross-hardware platform and cross-device compilation support, Low Level Virtual Machine (LLVM) viewer, Assembly language viewer, and intermediate program binaries generator.

The integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* adds features such as OpenCL* project/file create wizard, syntax highlighting, auto completion, selection of target device (CPU or GPU), and seamless integration with the Intel® SDK for OpenCL*- Debugger.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Best regards,

Marcelo.
0 Kudos