Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1153 Discussions

Windows 10 IoT GPIO test tool example failed in one of my Intel Atom based board.

bchav
Novice

Hi there,

I have successfully build the Windows 10 IoT sample example for GPIO test tool by changing target arch x86 in Visual Studio 2015. This is the link https://github.com/ms-iot/samples/tree/develop/GpioTestTool https://github.com/ms-iot/samples/tree/develop/GpioTestTool.

Deployment of the executable is also done in release mode in GB-TCV1 intel atom based board.

But After executing the executable the example code failed to find the GPIO Controller in the system.

What is going wrong can anybody help me!!!???

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello bhoomil,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

We will contact you via email to help you.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. I am running the program on a Baytrail system.

It is not finding the GPIO controller. Can you please help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, did you find any solution to this yet?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello FA1115,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Embedded Community.

In order to help you we will contact you via email.

Best Regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
GokulKrish_K_Intel

Hi Carlos,

Is this issue resolved? if yes, can you let me know what was the cause for the same

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Header in Main.cpp says this is for WinRT.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am running it in WinRT. This is the function that returns a null pointer, controllerStatics->GetDefault(controller.GetAddressOf()).

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello,

I am taking care of the forum at the moment, since Carlos is not available.

I will ask some general questions about this issue, I hope I am not repeating questions:

1) The github sample application seems to be provided by Microsoft, has some of you contacted Microsoft support, to see if they are aware of the cause of the issue?

2) On what hardware platform are you running the sample application?

3)Have you made sure that you have installed all the required Intel Drivers for the platform before running the application? If possible try running the following Intel Utility connected to Internet: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27336/IDUU-redirect?product=79577 Download IDUU redirect

4) What operating system are you using?

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez

0 Kudos
GokulKrish_K_Intel

Hi,

I have not contacted Microsoft support.

I am trying to run it in Windows 10 IoT platform as well as Windows IoT core platform.

The Intel driver support assistant is showing that all my drivers are latest except the graphics driver.

Thanks,

Gokul

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, GOKUL_KRISHNAN :

Thaks for your update.

In order to help you, we will contact you via email.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos