Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1234 Discussions

DDR5 Mode Register Read/Write (MRR/MRW)

HRuck
Beginner

Hello,

I am searching for a solution to do a DDR5 Mode Register Read on intel plattforms. I have no idea about software, so i asked Chat GPT and it mentioned that this would be possible with IPP and Python. This lead me to this site and maybe somebody can give me some hint how to do this.

So if you would have a "out of the box" solution, this would be nice, but I do not expect this and would be happy just if I could get a hint where to start.

Maybe some server vendors have a solution, maybe some open source is available to do this.

i have asked the same questions for servers but mentioned "embedded", so Manoranjan Das mentioned i should open the same request in the embedded community.

I am not happy to have to times the same request open, but i understand that server and embedded are two different applications, so i will try to follow both pathes independently. 

Any hint and help is highly appreciated!

Herman

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @HRuck,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Maybe you can check for something like this:

https://docs.xilinx.com/r/en-US/ug1085-zynq-ultrascale-trm/Mode-Register-Accesses

What we have are documentation with registers of different family processors, but something like this I couldn't find in our resources.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thanks for the link!

yes, this is what i look for on Intel plattform.

I have seen such accesses for FPGAs in "action" .. it seems FPGAs are more open here.

What i found for intel is docID 613005 that describes PPR that requries MRR and MRW. 

But i have understood the sequence before already.. what I do not know / understand is how to activate it. 

I am no BIOS programmer and especially for Readout of the Mode Registers for Vref or DFE training result i would look for a solution that i can execute e. g. in UEFI shell (or any kind of OS environment). 

hope somebody could help me with a hint hot to do this..

Hermann 

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Hello, 

any additional feedback how to do this with intel based Patforms?

Hermann

0 Kudos
Diego_INTEL

Hello @HRuck,

I only find some more documents that mentions PPR, but not to how to start from scratch, I will try looking further on next week.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
HRuck
Beginner

Thanks for taking care! 

Hermann 

0 Kudos