Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1231 Discussions

GPU frame buffers transfer to PCI external device

pribor
Beginner

Working with the Tiger Lake UP3, the purpose is to transfer the graphics frame buffers (which are created in DDR by the internal GPU) to an external device (FPGA), through the PCIe bus.
The FPGA is connected to the TGL PCIe controller (not the PCH one), it is PCIs end point.
Linux detects this FPGA as PCIe end point device, and its memory is accessible (for example, by the devmem command).
Which TGL DMA engine can be used to do the transfer?
Is it possible to define the GPU frame buffer addresses to be over PCIe (instead local DDR) so the GPU will write directly to the external device?
Is there Linux driver to transfer the GPU frame buffers outside to the PCIs bus?

Tiger_question_pict.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello pribor,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Embedded Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @pribor:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your request but we want to address the following consultations:

What is the part number of the Tiger Lake UP3 processor related to this forum?

Could you please let us know the place of purchase of the Tiger Lake UP3 Processor related to your requests?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
pribor
Beginner

Hello, could I ask why this information important?

If it is, don't you mind sending it privately (the private messaging is not allowed to my account).

Thank you

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @pribor:

Thanks for your reply.

We need the requested information to have a clear idea of the processors related to the reported situation. Also, the way that these devices have been acquired.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos