Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Intel AN80C196KB processor

MidwestECM
Novice

My company uses an older Intel IC, AN80C196KB, that is now obsolete and we are unable to locate any on the obsolete IC market. Can anyone tell me if Intel has an updated/current version of a comparable IC that we may use in place of the obsolete chip?  We rebuild older model Cummins semi truck engine control modules (ECM's) and that chip is used as a co-processor one of the pcb's. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MidwestECM
Novice

Hello CarlosAM,

Thank you for following up.  Yes, I have submitted a quote request to Rochester Electronics for that chip.  I'll post back when I get a reply.

Best Regards,

Dave @ Midwest ECM Repair

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MidwestECM:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should find Intel's suggestions related to the cited part number on the second page of the Product Change Notification (PCN) 105590 that can be found on the following website:

http://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/C5F7A7F2-EAD1-461A-A0BF-884CEB53558A/PCN105590-00.pdf

You should review as a reference the following website:

https://www.rocelec.com/part/REIAN80C196KB

You should review the information stated on the attached Dear Customer Letter (DCL).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
MidwestECM
Novice

Thank you for that information.  Still wondering if anyone knows of a comprable replacement by any other chip manufacturer.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MidwestECM:

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please clarify if you have reviewed the information provided in the second suggested website of our previous communication?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
MidwestECM
Novice

Hello CarlosAM,

Thank you for following up.  Yes, I have submitted a quote request to Rochester Electronics for that chip.  I'll post back when I get a reply.

Best Regards,

Dave @ Midwest ECM Repair

0 Kudos
MidwestECM
Novice

Rochester Electronics does have the replacement chip.  Unfortunately, the unit cost if way beyond out budget.

Thank you for your input and support.

0 Kudos