Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Looking for Schematic Symbols

SLee97
Beginner

Hi there,

At the moment, we have a couple questions regarding our libraries access and design software.

We've been trying to access the following https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/embedded/nda/products/skylake/6th-gen-core-processor-s-series-ddr3l-rvp10-cadence-orcad-symbol-files.html?wapkw=6th+generation+intel+core+processor+symbol link:

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/embedded/nda/products/skylake/6th-gen-core-processor-s-series-ddr3l-rvp10-cadence-orcad-symbol-files.html?wapkw=6th+generation+intel+core+processor+symbol https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/embedded/nda/products/skylake/6th-gen-core-processor-s-series-ddr3l-rvp10-cadence-orcad-symbol-files.html?wapkw=6th+generation+intel+core+processor+symbol

But we receive an "error processing the last request". Is this a permissions error regarding our account allowances?

Also, what PCB design software is currently recommended by Intel (Cadence or Allegro)? We have been using Altium PCB Designer. Would either of those two software have schematic symbols available for the following pieces:

• 6th / 7th generation intel core processors
  • PCI-E
  • Memory (DDR3/4 SODIMM)

Best Regards,

Shawn

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, shawn_ahkp:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

It is important to let you know that you can use the PCB design software that better fit to your needs but Intel offers as a courtesy the available symbols generally for Orcad and/or Cadence. Also that the symbols mentioned by you, the https://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=10174 6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor H-Series Mobile RVP11; Cadence/OrCAD:* Symbol Files document # 550608 is available to you.

In order to be on the same page, could you please confirm if the file related to your problem is the 6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor S-Series; A/O; DDR3L RVP10; Cadence/OrCAD:* Symbol Files document # 546575?

Thanks for your cooperation to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SLee97
Beginner

Hi Carlos_A,

Thanks for the reply. I can access and download the link you've provided. I am actually looking for RVP10 (or specifically the desktop variant of document # 550608 if available), which we are unable to access. To confirm, we still get the same error, as shown in the following image attached below.

Please advise, and I appreciate the help!

Sincerely,

shawn_ahkp

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, shawn_ahkp:

Thanks for your update.

Could you please login then try a different browser, or clear your cache and try t5o download them again?

We really appreciate your help to solve this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, shawn_ahkp :

We really appreciate your update.

In order to have a clear picture of this situation, could you please give us a detailed description of the process that you are following to download these files?

Thanks again for your clarification.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SLee97
Beginner

Hi Carlos_A

Yes I can, here are the steps I took after completing the advice suggested in the previous reply.

I am running Chrome Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the cache cleared.

1. I first log into my account from the homepage of Intel.com.
  2. After successfully logging in, I click the Search button at the top-right of the navigation bar and enter "RVP10" into the textbox.
  3. The first result that comes up is the link provided above, which I then click.
  4. It redirects through a SAML 2.0 Auto-POST as expected, followed by the error screen shown in the last screenshot I sent you.

I've also attempted the following without avail:

- Used Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

- Used Chrome in Incognito Mode

- Used a different laptop, desktop, and from two different locations (different ISPs)

Thanks for the response.

Sincerely,

Shawn

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, shawn_ahkp :

Thanks for your update.

In order to help you, please type in the address bar of your internet browser: edc.intel.com then press enter key. Once you are at the EDC web site, please click the "sign in" button located at the upper right side of this website. Please fill out the pop-up form with your username and password information. Next please use the provided links or use the gave documents number by clicking on the magnifier icon located at the upper right corner of the website as well. In case that you research the cited documents number, please click on the research result that better fit to your needs. You should be able to download these documents.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
SLee97
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply and for the instructions Carlos_A

I've followed the instructions, after - again - clearing the cache and using Incognito on Chrome.

I am trying to download document # 546575, but still received the same error page and redirect as before. I want to assume that it's that I do not have permission to view the information regarding desktop processors? Please advice, thank you.

Sincerely,

Shawn

0 Kudos
SLee97
Beginner

Hi Carlos_A

I'm sorry, but I'd like a reply in an attempt to resolve this issue. The error does not help in any way to resolve my issue, and only redirects me back to the homepage as if the file doesn't exist. In the attached image, I am able to download document # 551934 and # 547012, but not the first two.

I hope we can resolve this asap. Thanks.

Shawn

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, shawn_ahkp:

Thanks for your updates.

Could you please try again to download the cited files and let us know the result?

We really appreciate your help to solve this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos