Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

Need tools to bring up WG82574IT

GOman
Beginner

Hi Intel,

we're currently in the process of getting the NDA/PrivilegedAccount setup. Assuming that will be successful, I need to know what exactly I need to use the 82574IT chips with ubuntu16.04 x64. Currently, dmesg complains about an incorrect NVM checksum and the e1000e driver then fails to use the device. 'lspci' does show it though.

Browsing the forums, it seems

• we need access to 'Intel(R) Network Connections Tools document # 348742'
  • This will contain a link to an eeupdate-executable for linux x64, x86, windows x64 and others
  • we can run this tool to program the integrated NVM (iNVM) to set a MAC address (using /MAC) and some other options

My questions:

• Are the steps above and the document number correct?
  • Will I need to use LANConf at all?
  • Will I need to create EEPROM images just for setting a MAC address?

Thanks for your help!

Grayson

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello Phoenix10131,

Thanks for contacting us, your case is under investigation, I will provide more information as soon as possible.

# 348742 contans Lanconf tool for Linux, I have not seen the eeeupdate tool for Linux in the document,

I am investigating about your other questions.

Best Regards,

Adolfo Sanchez.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Phoenix10131:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

It is important to let you know that the Lanconf or EEUPDATE can be used to write EEPROMS.

The EEUPDATE is supported by Linux distributions based on kernels 2.6.x. Validation is done randomly on popular distributions such as Red Hat* or Suse*. More details can be found in the Intel(R) EEUpdate Release Notes included in the document # 348742.

On the other hand, the https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/377520 Intel 82574 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Production Sample Validation Kit [SVK] Silicon Sample Kit document # 377520 contains EEPROM/NVM Images. This document is accessible when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account. It can be requested by filling out the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html RDC Account Support form. Also, if the cited file is still inaccessible when you are logged into the cited account, feel free to request help through the cited form as well.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
GOman1
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Did you test the link you posted to Doc #377520? Seems that this kit is no longer available. We have privileged access, so this is not the problem. Pls advise.

Thx,

Grayson

0 Kudos
GOman1
Beginner

(edited)

0 Kudos