Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1194 Discussions

[Rangeley] Rangeley on board LAN, can not connect to internet issue.

JLee169
Novice

Hi All,

My platform is Rangeley + onboard Lan i210x2, BIOS is coreboot +intel FSP.

on Windows7 device control manger can see both lan is normally,

insert lan cable, system can get the DHCP IP address(but its very slow

over 1 mintes), but system can not connect to internet, system still wait the data...

On AMI code is ok, so hardware is fine.

below is hw layout

bus dev fun

1 0 0 ---> i210

2 0 0 ---> i210

3 0 0 ---> VGA

Intel FSP PCI Bifurcation is setup 4x4x4x4 is same AMI.

Except the PCI-E IRQ share or not share need check, have other I need to check?Thanks.

Best Regards

James

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Gabriel_T_Intel
Employee

Hello James

Could you provide us more details please, could you tell us the Rangeley SKU you are using?

Are you using the latest FSP? You can find it at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24591 Windows FSP for Intel Processor C2000 Product Family Gold 2

Have you tried on a different Operating System?

Best Regards

Gabriel

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Gabril,

Thanks for your respond.

My Rangeley SKU is C2358.

the FSP Gold 2, I test result same before Gold 1, also can not connect internet.

IRQ set to exclusive mode, also fail.

because I just one HDD device, so only run windows7, but on AMI function is PASS. thanks.

Best Regards

James

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello James_Lee

Sorry for the delay

Could you please answer the following questions:

Are you enabling auto negotiation or the i210 parameters are predefined?

In what mode are the controllers working 1000BASE-T, or 10/100Mbps ?

Does the problem occurs on both i210 controllers?

Do you have problems just when you are connecting to the Internet or you also have problems connecting to the local network?

What driver are you using for the controllers on Windows 7?

Is the board that you are using a CRB, from a third party vendor, or was designed by yourselves?

Please try connecting another device to the same Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your platform, observe if DHCP is still slow and test for internet connectivity?

I will be awaiting your answers

Best Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolfo,

see below my answer, thanks.

Are you enabling auto negotiation or the i210 parameters are predefined?

yes, Auto.

In what mode are the controllers working 1000BASE-T, or 10/100Mbps ?

I already test all speed mode, the test result is same.

Does the problem occurs on both i210 controllers?

yes, both all fail.

Do you have problems just when you are connecting to the Internet or you also have problems connecting to the local network?

yes, local network also fail.

What driver are you using for the controllers on Windows 7?

2013/05/13 12.7.28.0

Is the board that you are using a CRB, from a third party vendor, or was designed by yourselves?

This board is our design, and on AMI BIOS is working fine, So I can make sure HW is no problem.

Please try connecting another device to the same Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your platform, observe if DHCP is still slow and test for internet connectivity?

Yes, the cable test on other board is fine, on AMI BIOS also pass, and Coreboot get the IP address same AMI.

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolofs,

see below picture, very strange, the Lan input /output both have data,

its data decode /format is wrong so system can not accept? need to modify

which register? thanks.

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello James_Lee

Is there any difference in the configuration of the controllers when using AMI BIOS vs Coreboot, does it shows the same MAC Addresses, or is the output of the ipconfig /all the same in both cases?

Can you run the Adapter Diagnostic Test of the LANConf tool when using Coreboot and submit the results?

Can you test the behavior of the controllers in other operating system, for example using a Linux distro in a live-usb?

The LANConf tool can be downloaded in the following link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/intelligent-systems/privileged/quartzville-tools-284632.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/intelligent-systems/privileged/quartzville-tools-284632.html

Best regards,

Adolfo.

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolfo,

sorry I delay few days.

see below my answer.

1. Compare ipconfig /all the AMI /coreboot is same.

2. Adapter Diagnostic Test test result: I list the fail item see below, thanks.

Begin Diagnostic tests

the last step show

there was at least one data validation error, would you like to view last error packet data.

then output one dump fille.

Begin Advanced Diagnostic tests

TSO fail.

TX checksum offroad fail.

RX checksum offroad fail.

Vlan fail

Time SYNC fail

Wakeup filters fail

3. I have no other USB disk, so difficult to install other OS.

Best Regards

James

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello James_Lee

We are working in your case, and will reply back to you as soon as we have more meaningful information.

Best Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolfo,

Ok, thanks.

Best Regards

James

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel

Hello James_Lee

Do you notice any difference, on the cofiguration of the device on the PCI Space, when using AMI BIOS vs when using Coreboot?

Is the allocation of the PCI memory space the same? The content of the i/o memory BARS ? The configuration space?

Best Regards,

Adolfo

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolfo,

Both differnt data too much, this few days i will check and list to you.

Today i got a HDD,I install Fedora 20 on this board, the i210 is working fine................

Best Regards.

James

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Adolofo,

see attach file please, its compare result, thanks.

and I re-install to WIN7 X64 the i210 X2 can NOT to get IP,

just can receive data, can't send data, but on WINDOS 7 x32

Sytem can get IP.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

James,

Sage ran into a similar issue before. We found that it was simply related to a missing device ID for the ethernet controller that is on the board, which causes many downstream PCI configuration data to be incorrect. Sage has this corrected in our commercial Coreboot implementation for Mohan Peak:

http://www.se-eng.com/intel-processors-formerly-known-as-rangeleyavoton/ SageBIOS BSP for Intel processors formerly known as Rangely/Avoton | Sage

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Drew

0 Kudos
Natalie_Z_Intel
Employee

Welcome back, Drew_Jensen_@Sage! Thanks for sharing Sage's experience with us! LynnZ

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your respond, but I try to fill device ID and some PCI registers like AMI,

the issue still can duplicate, could you narrow down the possible registers? thanks.

Best Regards

James

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

James,

I had our engineering team review the whole thread, and they now actually don't think this is the same PXE issue we encountered. They suggested it is probably a configuration issue, and suggested reviewing configurations in the following order:

1) GPIO configuration

2) MUX configuration

3) ACPI configuration

Depending on what board and what silicon version you are using, we also suggest reviewing devicetree.cb to see if this is correctly matching the system you are trying to boot.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JLee169
Novice

Hi Drew,

Thanks, I wil follow your suggestion to check it,thanks.

Best Regards

James.

0 Kudos